Hello

lancslass43
lancslass43 Member Posts: 20
edited 12. Jul 2012, 10:53 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone.I am new to this so please bear with me. I am 68 years old and up until 12 a year ago was very fit. It has taken the doctor 12 months to diagnose RA - I thought someone had a voodoo doll and was sticking pins in me!! I am now just grateful that I don't have enemies!! I have a lot of questions that I need to ask but I'll leave them for now. I look forward to joining in the duiscussions.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Lancslass43 and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you needed to find us but I can assure you that, if you have arthritis, this is a good place to have it :D

Most people use the Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat forums most. We are a friendly lot so join in on any of the threads or, if you have any questions, just start a new one. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello lancslass43, welcome to the club. I hava PsA (psoriatic arthritis) which has led to OA - pleasant it is not. There are many RAers on here so you are in good company, but we all know how rough it can be. The condition is tough, the meds can be difficult, the tiredness and pain is wearing (if not exhausting) but you will find support and encouragement. I look forward to seeing your name here and there and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Lancslass

Welcome to the forum , i have RA , Nice top meet you .

karen xx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello Lancs Lass,

I'm a Lancs Lad and have ra..

If you are into,cricket it was a good win last night, warnt it?
  • lancslass43
    lancslass43 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. Sorry Lancs lad I don't follow cricket.
    Lancslass
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Dear Lancslass,

Appologies for the delay in replying. I just wanted to say a warm hello from us here at Helplines. I'm sure you'll find lots of good support from the wise folk on the Forum.

If you ever would like a confidential chat or more information on your arthritis, please get in touch with us (or Private Message us your name and address if you’d like us to post you some information). Our freephone is 0808 8004050.

I hope that's helpful

Guy