Entertainment Suggestions ?

lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 30. Jun 2012, 10:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
Im getting ready for my operation. Any suggestions of things to help stop me getting bored while Im recovering from my THR.
Ive bought books & magazines , got tv & sky.
Im not used to being in the house all the time, I like being outdoors so I know its going to be very hard for me.
I breed & show Siamese Cats, so Ive got them for company, as well as my husband & teenage kids.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    LOL I was not bored after both of my TKR's. I appreciate it is not the same op but what with sleeping, napping, doing the physio exercises, attending physio, going for short walks, resting, elevating, icing, compression, chatting on the phone, visitors knocking at the door, pottering around the home doing as much as I could, time did not hang heavily for me. There is always the forum to keep up with too. ;):)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Take your MP3 player in with you and listen to some music. I cant live without music
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    After my THR I had I pod (agree with Colin here) and books in hospital and housework and childcare straight after. I would sit out in the garden and watch the children play while reading the newspaper. I would have likde some more sleep!

I hope it all goes well for you Lazicat.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I like my puzzle books, I get a compendium with different kinds and they can keep my mind (or what passes for it at the moment) occupied for a while. I also like doing jigsaws (for real and on the computer). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I, too, like puzzle books and sometimes print a Sudoku off the Internet. What about a jigsaw, if you like doing them. It might be an idea to keep a daily diary of your progress so you can look back and see the changes because after an operation you often don't realise how well you're doing.

After my knee ops I found with all the visitors and resting and exercises I ran out of time (like Elna).

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Oh, definitely, keep a diary, like Linda says. I did and referred back to it fairly often after I had my second TKR. I have also referred back to it to reply to people with questions about TKR ops on the forum. One quickly forgets when it is all done and dusted. :D

In fact since then I have been writing a page a day diary ever since.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.