Hi from East Yorkshire

Suestpeters
Suestpeters Member Posts: 94
edited 16. Jul 2012, 07:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, I'm so glad to have found this place, already I feel a lot less isolated and a little more positive.
I have OA in my knees for a year now and must admit am struggling to come to terms with my somewhat reduced ability to do the things I have spent my life enjoying, like gardening and fell walking.
For the moment I am just glad to be here amongst others who know what I'm talking about. :)
Sue
Fiddlersmall.jpg
Fiddler, my lovely boy for 28 glorious years : 1981-2009

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Sue. I'm glad you've found us too. Arthritis isn't much fun but, if you have it, this is a good place to be as, yes, we do understand.

It's hard when the stuff that gives us real pleasure is affected. Sometimes we can adapt how we do things (though fell walking might be a bit difficult to adapt :roll: ) Whenever I've to give up something I really like, I try to take up something else in its place.

Please join in anywhere. Living With Arhritis and Chit Chat are where most people hang out. We're vey friendly and people will give you a wrm welcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Suestpeters
    Hi Stickywicket - love the name!

Thank you for the welcome message - as I say, I'm so glad I have found this place. I'm learning to adapt, I ask my husband to do the heavy digging and I just plant the pretty shrubs and flowers, as for the fell walking, well that has now moved from the Lake District to the Yorkshire Dales, not quite such hard slog !
    Thanks again, I'm sure I will pop up around the place!
    Sue
    Fiddlersmall.jpg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm learning to adapt, I ask my husband to do the heavy digging and I just plant the pretty shrubs and flowers,

You've already got the hang of it :wink: Why have a husband and still do the heavy digging? :lol: You'll cope.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Suestpeters
    Thanks, I'm blessed with a lovely husband thankfully :-)
    Fiddlersmall.jpg
  • thecat
    thecat Member Posts: 22
    Hi suestpeters,
    I know where you are coming from I too loved fell walking (with a passion)in the lake particularly, and partial to a bit of gardening too more the planting seeds & plant in pots tho. I leave the digging to my partner lol
  • Suestpeters
    Now if only I could persuade him to clean the oven too !!!

Sue
    Fiddlersmall.jpg
  • thecat
    thecat Member Posts: 22
    Hi anyone whos read my previous post,

I didnt really mean I liked fell walking IN the lake ( in my limited experience theres not many fells in a lake).I meant LAKE DISTRICT ................. I'll just sneak away sheepishly.
    May not have been on this forum very long but I think I've shown my dizzy old self x