New to forum

Christimay
Christimay Member Posts: 112
edited 20. Jul 2012, 04:18 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone
You seem a a very nice lot of caring and friendly people im43 f and have 4 kids been ra positive for 2 years on 20mg mx sevredol and dihdrocodeine I just wondered if anyone could help with a query I also have under active thyroid Ibs vitiligo and Raymond's disease does anyone else think these are all related or is it just me any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Christimay. It's good to meet you but I'm sorry you had to find us.

I have RA too but I don't have the other illnesses you mention. I can't tell you if they are 'all related' but I think they are all auto-immune diseases so that, I guess, is a kind of connection. I'm sorry you seem to have copped for a lot and, with 4 children, it must be quite difficult for you.

If you've anything you'd like to ask about this (We do have people on here with thyroid problems, raynaud's or IBS - I'm not sure about the vitiligo) just pop over to the Living With Arthritis forum and post it on there as more people are likely to see it there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Christimay
    Thank you all for your kindness so much appreciated I'm not very computer wise so imstruggling to find my feet it was so funny I had to have a few attempts to register and it kept saying it sounded like spam the names I had chosen, don't even know what they meant the only spam I have is in a tin, I'm 43 but my children know how to work this thing better than me. Hope everyone is not too bad I have to see my rheumotologist this week so hope all goes wellxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • stickywicket
    I hope it goes well too, Christimay. Do let's know how you get on.
    Steven Wright
  • Christimay
    If this has already came up sorry but I think I did it wrong the first time,saw a different rhumi today not my usual one she is sending me for exrays on my back and knees as she was not happy how they looked took blood for 5 tests inflammation full blood count, vitamin d level, amount of steroids in body,and something that started with sy don't know it and can't remember what she called it. She said medication was causing the bruising on my body, shocking weight gain since last appt, viruses and any cuts lingering for too long just the usual my thyroxine has to go up to200mg as was not happy with the test results. Next appt won't be so long in future as this one was but they said to get in touch with them if I need to before then. Thank you all all for your kindness concern, I can't tell you how it actually feels to talk to people who know how I feel know what kind of things I have to face day by day I wish I had known about this site a long time ago, you lot actually bring a lump to my throat reading your posts to me and everyone else I live in a small village in ne Scotland so it's pretty quiet here, I try to come on here now every day soooooo glad I found youxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • stickywicket
    I think that was a good appointment, Christimay. Although there are clearly several things that the rheumatologist is not happy about she is dealing with them and wants you back sooner rather than later.

I agree with you about this forum. There are a lot of lovely, helpful people on here and it does help us all to feel a little less isolated. Please feel free to join in on any of the other threads. Everyone is welcome.
    Steven Wright