Greetings. I'm new

Options
Lou2pat
Lou2pat Member Posts: 7
edited 27. Jul 2012, 05:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. Have had RA for approx.. 24 years now. :shock: have just started biologic treatment as Mx stopped working. Only had one treatment so far so too early to have results to report. Am desperate for this to work as I've been off treatment for few months.due to blood tets revealing that I have Hep C. So had to stop all and have had all sorts of tests including Liver Biopsy. Been in excruciating pain throughout and ended up on Morphine off work! So now I got the green light to try Humeris I really need it to work for me so I can get my life back!! I do need to know if Ulnar Deviation is a permanent thing or will it improve or reverse? Byeee

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Lou2pat. It's good to meet you but I'm sorry the meth stopped working. You must have had a torrid time with all the worries about your liver compounded by the pain from the RA. I do hope the Humira works for you. Quite a few are on it here and, if you post again on the Living With Arthritis forum, I'm sure they'll be along to tell you of their experiences.

Ulnar deviation? Well, I was diagnosed before they had the disease modifying meds so I have deviations all over the place. I'd love to be able to tell you it can reverse but Im afraid I'd be surprised if it did. It's possible that exercises would keep the muscles strong and so prevent it getting worse.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Just a quick message to say that I am sorry you have been having such a difficult time and that I hope the Humira helps you. It certainly helped me - and I know there are other forum members on Humira too and, if you repost your message on the Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum, I am sure you will get more replies. As to the ulnar deviation - I don't think that it something which can be reversed by drugs unfortunately :cry:

Please do feel free to join in on any of the forums - we are a friendly lot and you will be made very welcome.

Tillyxxx