your greatest compliment

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 27. Jul 2012, 08:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
My grandson then aged 9 was struggling with a level on his game boy ,so me being me said i'll have a go and did said level first time (utter fluke ) grandson said "grannie you're cool" cant get much better from a 9 year old.(the game was harry potter lego) I was quite choked.So what's your's :D Mig

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mine is rather disturbing, well, to me anyway..
    When I'm out with our daughter Tony, we are often mistaken for a couple :shock: :o
    I just say to folks that think that...
    "where do you think we're from? Barnsley??"

Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    For me it has to be every Mothers day, when I get two cards telling me I'm the best mum in the world. :D
    Well, they can't both be wrong, surely :? :lol:
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    I was once told , i was a diamond in a coal mine :shock: By a cheeky Welsh Man .
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Our friend Julian once said to Mr DD 'Can I swap my wife for yours? Yours is much more fun.' He was bl**dy well right too, she was a moody bat. DD

PS Mig? We all know you're cool.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    do you know can not think of one but steve does tell me i am his hero
    val
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I once had a really cool looking Japanese guy come up and ask me where I got my pressure gloves from - he thought they were a fashion statement, bless him! :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    My little grandaughter saying I love you Gran along with a lovely hug. :D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    My mum didn't spend much time at school. Being the eldest of thirteen, she was needed to help at home. Consequently, she struggled with a lot of lessons.
    One day, after a test, her teacher brought her out to the front of the class, and began to ridicule her. :( She said "You bright specimen, you bright individual."
    Mum, totally missing the sarcasm in the teachers voice, and thinking she was complementing her, said "Thankyou very much Miss."
    She said it was almost worth the punishment afterwards, to hear the class erupt with laughter!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    At my last appointment the surgeon(one I have not met before)and his assistant both said I looked far too young to have a 14 year old Son. so then i mentioned I had a 28 and 26 year old too!

I often used to get asked if I was a model and being 5.2 I take that as a compliment.

elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    erm.. Ok.. :? My joke was actually referring to the fact that Barnsley folks are all inbred lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    tjt6768 wrote:
    erm.. Ok.. :? My joke was actually referring to the fact that Barnsley folks are all inbred lol
    Awww Tony... :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    tjt6768 wrote:
    When I'm out with our daughter Tony, we are often mistaken for a couple :shock: :o

Lol

Its the dimples Tony!

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    We recently got a missive from our old uni which contained some photos of life there in the '60's. One student looked very much like an old friend of ours so I sent it to him. I got the reply:

'My God, what a good-looking beggur I was! What on earth were you thinking of, ending up with an ugly **** like SW when such a fine specimen was available? Especially in view of the fact that, as a fully paid up agric, I came with my own pair of wellies.'

I think it was a kind of compliment. (We are both happily married.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    lol
    Toni has inherited her Mother's good looks and my dimples, she'll go far haha.. :lol:
    tkachev wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:

Lol

Its the dimples Tony!

E :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    Lol tony, my parents joined us on holiday last year and a scary amount of people though I was my dads girlfriend!!!!!

Last week we were at my mother in laws and they are a bolchy family, my husband who is quiet and doesn't like an argument was sat at the dinner table telling his whole family that MY roast dinners were the best ever roast dinners and he had never had one as good! :D didn't go down well and his sisters were saying that their mums was best (they have never had one of mine)
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Can I just raise a note here...your joke refers to people who become parents at an early age.

Don't know if you remember but in one of our discussions a few months ago I said that benefits should be stopped for people who have more than 3 children.

I think it wasn't long ago that the PM David Cameron came up with absolutely the same idea - see...?

I was right after all.

Should people who have no children or just one recieve a bonus, perhaps we should throw the unwanted ones in the river. Cameron cant run the country never mind Kids. If only you could see where are country was really going. and the effects it will have on england in another 20 years. We will be in a sorry state.
    Colin
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    My greatest compliment was probably the first and only time that I was told I was beautiful and it was truley meant!

I don't take flattery well, but one night many, many moons ago, my (now ex) partner shared a single bed and he stroked my face and told me I was beautiful. I almost fell out the bed at that! Lol! Nobody had ever told me that before in such a serious tone, and it wasn't a cheesy chat-up line.

*Sigh* Why can't things be like back in those days, huh?
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.