word of warning

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. Jul 2012, 05:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
if you get the stomach bug that is going around please take care not to get DE-hydrated my dad did and that caused his blood to thicken and caused blood clot that caused the stroke. so please take care even if you can not face it take plenty of small sips of water would hate this to happen to any one else val
val

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Point taken.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Val :(

Was something, as we would think of, as 'trivial' as the runs what caused it? :shock:

I am horrified and thanks for the reminder.

How is he doing at the moement?

Love and ((()))

Toni xx
  • valval
    we are waiting for brain scan to get treatment so till then worried about another one it can happen. he much better in him self but has site problems in one eye he a fighter so will not give in to it thanks for asking it a worrying time val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh val

it must be :( I hope they will thin his blood at least once they know what they are up against? :shock:

Well I am thinking of you and hoping for the very best.

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I sure you know not all strokes are caused by dehydration,my oh had astroke nine and a half years ago caused by high blood pressure and high colestrol,fortunately he made a good recovery though he can only see straight in front of him,he also has short term memory problems ,balance problems and just recently his partial deafness has been put down to stroke damage,but to look at him you wont know of his disabilities which can cause problems because people don't realise.With good care and prompt attention you can still a good life and i hope this is the case for your dad,sending special hugs to you both.(((((()))))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm thinking of you both, Val. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    thinking of you both :)
    georgie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh valval, what a timely warning. Older people don't neccesarily realise that they need to keep up their liquid intake as they don't feel thirsty, and it is especially important when one has a bug. Your poor dad, I hope he will be OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    No words, just **Huggles**
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • valval
    thankyou all he was drinking just not enough it happens so easy he already on warferine so was shock that it happenedas week before he had been for blood tests and was spot on
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Oh Val I'm so sorry this has happened to your poor dad. :( I hope the stroke hasn't caused too much damage. You must let us know how he is.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Val, sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is getting the best possible care.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Val

Sorry to hear about your dad..I hope he gets better soon, must be a worry...

Elainex
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Val - I'm sorry to hear about your dad's stroke. Am thinking of you and thanks for the warning.

Susie
  • valval
    still waiting for hospital to phone with app. waiting is horrid at least when you know you can plan and work towards but the lombo thing is not on lol
    val