DICLOFENIC

ELAINE55555
ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
edited 1. Aug 2012, 07:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
hI All.

I had a flare last week. felt really sore and rotten. Ruemmy decided I needed mtx by injection as opposed to the tablets. So while waiting for all this to take place, I decided to take diclofenic, which I've not used for months. RESULT! I've felt better the last few days than I have for ages. Long may it last!

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yeay, I'm glad you found some relief that helps, long may it continue...from personal experience, keep an eye on your stomach.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I was given them earlier this year to help with inflammation and they work well for me to. Me being me I'm keeping my intake to the absolute minimum as I like taking meds that help so don't want to become 'immune' to them! I'm back on them at the moment thanks to a painful back of left heel issue (no-one seems to know what the problem is). The consultant wanted me to go back onto steroids to see if they helped - fat chance. The diclos are doing their stuff, just two per day is helping. Of course that means going back on the omep as well. The fun never stops. :roll: Good luck and I am pleased you are feeling the benefit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    I made the switch from Meth tablets to injections in January.

By far the injections have worked the best and its not really that bad giving yourself and injection every week.

But unfortunately the Meth has worn off for me so I am getting put on something else. Dunno what yet.

Had another steriod injection last week due to inflamation levels being high.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I forgot to say I am also on injected meth and it's OK, no side effects as such. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Suestpeters
    Suestpeters Member Posts: 94
    Hi Elaine
    I started on Diclofenac a couple of weeks ago and the difference it has made to my pain levels is amazing, so glad it's working for you too.
    I'm only taking when absolutely necessary as I don't want to become too dependant on tablets, having spent years on anti-depressants, and a long time getting off them I would really love to give my system a break from tablets, but hey ho, it's all about balance isn't it.
    Discovered a new tactic yesterday, yelled at my pain and told it to go away 'cos I was fed up of it living rent free in my body - it worked for a while but don't know what the neighbours thought !!!
    Love and good luck
    Sue
    Fiddlersmall.jpg
    Fiddler, my lovely boy for 28 glorious years : 1981-2009
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Sue thats a good idea. I might try shouting.
    However I sore throat at the moment! Typical! lol
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Elaine that is good news..it makes such a difference when you can get some relief....unfortunately they have stopped working for me....so Im not sure what will be next.
    Good luck with the injections x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mrsshazbat
    mrsshazbat Member Posts: 61
    I've just been told Diclofenac has been taken off the market, Voltarol et al included!