Astronomy

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 1. Aug 2012, 20:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone on here into astronomy and uses a pair of binoculars to look up at the night sky?, if so what tripod system do you use as I really need some advice as my tripod isn't up to much seeming I'm using 20/80's!.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi sure joan into it but not sure she uses stand ??? but some one will know i am sure they know most things good luck val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Val yeah Joans into space but not sure she observes, these bino's are so large me camera tripod ism't up to the job really not sure what to do?.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Mell...I didnt know you could use binoculars...I thought it had to be a telescope...so I wont be much use...good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I know Poppyg1rl's very much into astronomy but she's not at all well and doesn't post much these days.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Val yeah Joans into space but not sure she observes, these bino's are so large me camera tripod ism't up to the job really not sure what to do?.

Sorry I can't advise you about tripods or any technical things regarding space. I'm very interested in it, particularly the beauty of the planets etc from an artistic point of view. I like to go on the Hubble site and just wonder at the awe-inspiring pictures. Good luck with the binoculars, Mell. Let me know what you see.
    Joanx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif