Hello from Dorset

mcford
mcford Member Posts: 11
edited 8. Aug 2012, 15:19 in Say Hello Archive
I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with RA when I was 17. I started on meth, hydroxcloroquine, sulphasalazine and they worked well for a long time but now over the last 6 months things got pretty bad and now I am on anti TNF I started on enbrel but had an allergic reaction so about to start Humira on Monday.

Its great to come accross this forum and be able to chat with people in a similar situation

Clare

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I am glad you have found us. I've had a stinker of a day so can't reply at length but rest assured this is a good place to be as we understand what the whole hoo-hah (no matter what form it takes) involves. I too am on humira (plus injected meth and sulpasalazine, all for psoriatic arthritis) but I also have OA and they don't help that. :roll: I'm off to bed now but I'll be back tomorrow when I hope I can do a better reply. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello from me too, Clare. I have RA also but fortunately the meth and hydroxyl combination works well for me. There are quite a few on here on anti-tnfs though. You’re more likely to find them on the Living With Arthritis forum. Please just join in anywhere. We’re a friendly crowd and we don’t bite :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi, Ihave RA too, though not for as long as you. I'm 56 and was diagnosed 6 years ago. I have tried Enbrel and Humira, with no success. I have been offered Retuximab, but I don't feel ready for that at the moment.
    This forum is great, as you will find for yourself.
    So welcome, and I look forward to seeing you post on LWA. and Chit Chat.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • friarygirl
    friarygirl Member Posts: 36
    Hi, my intro post is the one before yours. glad you have been welcomed well here.
    Sorry you are having a tough time. You will get good support here I am sure.

Possibly people are not so sure about me because they dont understand the condition so well - having a whole mixture of connective tissue diseases is horrid and no less [or more!] painful than the other things which people have heard of!

chat soon.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Clare

Just a quick welcome form me.

Hope the humira went well for you on Monday? and that it really really helps you.

Love

Toni xxx