Hi new here today

Gail1966
Gail1966 Member Posts: 3
edited 6. Sep 2012, 14:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all i'm Gail new to this forum I was diagnosed last year with rheumatoid arthritus. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge from you all and hope that we can all combat this together. :D

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Gail I have RA too but for many years more than you. It's not good to have arthritis but, if you do have it, this is a good place to be. People here are very friendly and we have a fair bit of experience between us. Please join in wherever you wish. Most people hang out on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am glad you have found us. I have PsA (psoriatic arthritis, a little like RA but with lousy skin thrown in) and this has led to OA. That's a lottery I would rather not have won. :wink: We are a knowledgeable bunch on here about meds, coping strategies, dealing with doctors etc: all of those things are dealt with on the Living With Arthritis part of the forum, the other titiles are self-explanatory. I look forward to seeing your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Its nice to chat to others with similar situations as they understand. I hope you find the forum as supportive as I have. :D
  • Gail1966
    Gail1966 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for all your warm welcomes its greatly appreciated. Having a positive attitude.and keeping fit helps tremendously. I know everyone has different levels and am sure by having So much knowledge with all that are on this site is a great. Help for all.

Thank you once.again

Gail :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Gail

lovely to meet you.

I am sure this site will help you as much as it's helped me personally over the years. Welcome :D

Love

toni xx
  • friarygirl
    friarygirl Member Posts: 36
    hello, see you have had a warm welcome which I will add to. I am new myself - post a few beneath yours. Chat soon. Fg
  • Ellie2107
    Ellie2107 Member Posts: 1
    Hi just joined today feeling really down had arthritis since I was 20 now 42!!!! Really need hip and knee replacement but been on steroids for a while now and can't get surgery until am off them only problem is been on so much different medication consultants are struggling on what to give me!!! Just wanted to speak to some people .
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Ellie2107. Well, you've come to the right place. There are loads of us on here who understand where you're coming from, lots with new hips and knees, even more waiting for them. I'm sorry you've had so many problems with meds. If you copy this to the Living With Arthritis forum I'm sure you'll get a lot more replies. Not many come on here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Ellie2107 wrote:
    Hi just joined today feeling really down had arthritis since I was 20 now 42!!!! Really need hip and knee replacement but been on steroids for a while now and can't get surgery until am off them only problem is been on so much different medication consultants are struggling on what to give me!!! Just wanted to speak to some people .

Well Ellie

if you want to speak to folks who understand you have found the right place. It's not easy to get 'off' steroids is it, but sounds like it will be worth it for new joints.

Please do come on in and join in wherever you want to - you will be welcomed :)

Love

Toni xxx