Hi, Anyone out there who as Psoriatic Arthritis?

EB100
EB100 Member Posts: 5
edited 11. Aug 2012, 14:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I have signed up today, I am in my 50's, with Psoriatic Arthritis, it started back in 2009 with full diagnosis in 2010. I have recently taken Voluntary Severance from work through this condition.

I was wondering if there are any other people who write on this forum who has the same type of Arthritis and if so would love to chat to you.

EB

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    EB

Welcome to the forums from me. I do not have PsA, but do have a type of sero-neg inflammatory arthritis so can empathise.

What l will say is there are plenty on here who do have it so you will find a lot of support here :)

If you get 5 mins have a look on the Living with arthritis forum and you will find some people with it. If you like a laugh and a chat to distract yourself then you can try the chit chat forum.

Wherever you decide to join in you will be very welcome :D .

Love

Toni xxx
  • EB100
    Hi Toni, thank you for the welcome to this forum. I will certainly have a look at the different ones that you have mentioned.
    eb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello EB100, I have PsA, I began mine in April '97 but I didn't have the right 'label' attached until October '06 when my skin helpfully obliged with a bout of P. As Frog said, there are a fair few of us on here, you'll find us on the LWA part of this forum. That's the place where we deal with topics such as the meds, docs, flares, tiredness etc., the other titles are self-explanatory. I look forward to seeing your name here and there and I hope we can help with support and information. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • EB100
    Hi DD,

Thank you for the welcome and I will certainly look at the LWA pages.

EB100
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    I have PsA and was diagnosed in Feb 2012 although it started at latest by July 2011. I am having a bad week after 3 really good ones (thanks to a steroid injection). Still working on a drugs strategy -wiil look forward to hearing your experiences
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello tubby. It's good to meet you. I have RA - the treatments are very similar - but there are quite a few on here with PsA.

Ah the lovely steroids! Yes, they work well for many of us. If yours has worn off and you're not due back to see your rheumatologist for a while it might be a good idea to ring your rhaumatology helpline to ask for further advice. I hope you get established on some meds soon and they work well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Eb and Tuddy
    I just want to welcome you both to the forum, like DD has said post any questions in LWA...and hopefully someone will be along very soon to give you some answers :D xx
    Love
    Barbara