Don't eat in church!

Petitesse
Petitesse Member Posts: 62
edited 26. Aug 2012, 17:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am from Denmark and I have been googling danish websites for helpful tips etc that I could post in the 'Simple ideas to make life easier' thread. Most sites are about food though.

One of the first tips on a website was: Avoid church piano food!
Huh? Wadafook is that!?
I then realised it had been directly translated from english and it meant organ food like liver and kidneys etc.

Oh well, at least it had me puzzled for a while and made me laugh. :lol:

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol::lol::lol: priceless.Mig
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    So s wadafook ?..........oh thats so sweet :lol::lol::lol:
  • Petitesse
    @Marrianne: Hehe, I have been in different chatrooms where you are not allowed to swear, so I just started writing it like that. Wadafook and wydafook comes very handy :lol:

Oh, I still have this image in my mind of a black piano full of cupcakes with whipped cream etc.
    Maybe it's because I am on a diet, but the glorious food I imagined in the church would be a health risk to all people, not just the ones with arthritis! :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ah, a Dane! One of my bestest friends is Danish, Mr DD and me are due to go the Land of the Flat (as her English husband calls Denmark) and I for one cannot wait. I can't type in Dansk but I do wish to experience 'hooga' ( a very rough approximation of that wonderful Danish family-feeling). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Petitesse
    Oh cool you are visiting Denmark DD. Where will you be staying?

Haha, yep it is indeed the land of the flat. I worry about the world climate. If the world seas rise more than a few inches, all danish people will be walking around in rubber boots! :lol:

But I am sure they would find a way to 'hygge' anyway :)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Well its lovely to have Pet , Maybe we can have a whole new set of words ,I am still chuckling and that cant be bad :lol::lol::lol: .Marrianne Oh HAPPY HOOGA to one and all .DD you must be very excited
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    OK, I know that Lene's mum has a summer house in - and again please forgive the English approximation - Aarhuis (is that feasible?) I think it's pronounced 'R-hoos'. We've been talking for a while about going but I am thinking that it must be done within the next year. I would love to go with Lene (and of course her English spouse) simply because she is Danish and will be able to shed light on the many and varied customs. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Petitesse
    Thank you Marrianne, it is great to have found this place. I am sure I will have fun here with you guys :D

@ DD: I am sure you will like it there. I love Aarhus and used to live there. Right now I live in Sweden, but I will be selling my flat soon. I have someone coming on tuesday to estimate what the flat is worth etc.
    Then I will be with my parents in Aalborg (1 1/2 hours from Aarhus) until I find a place to rent. Hopefully in Aalborg or Aarhus :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Welcome Pet :D

My daughter is in Copenhagen this bank holiday weekend with her partner. :D
    She has just sent us a photo of a bottle of tuborg and smorrebrod. Utter bliss! She will of course be going to Tivoli. :lol: My Finnish aunt married a Dane years ago and lives in Herlev. I love Denmark!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Welcome to the forum, Pet :D
    I loved the 'church piano food' and will think of that the next time I eat any liver or kidneys :lol:
    I haven't been to Denmark, but my sister has. She said how much she liked the country, so I would love to visit there sometime.
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Petitesse
    Thank you for the welcome Elna and Joan *HUGS*

I hope your daughter is having a good time in Copenhagen, Elna. I envy her going to Tivoli, I just love that place.

About 5 years ago I got to know a lot of people through a debate forum on a dating site. One of them told me I should join them on a friday night where many of them were meeting up in Tivoli.
    I was looking forward to that like a child to christmas. I LOVE the rides.

I can't even begin to describe my dissappointment when I got there and realised we were only there to listen to a band - don't even remember which one. I asked some of them if we were not going to have any fun at all? :o
    One of the women looked at me very puzzled and replied: " Erhmm...but we are adults!?"
    Bummer! After that remark I spent some time blushing and looking at my shoes! :oops:

Luckily I have a wonderful 4 year old niece now and she is a great excuse to go and have fun again! :D