can any girls /woman give me advice?

annaosborne
annaosborne Member Posts: 7
edited 30. Aug 2012, 03:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
hey guys, i've got juvenile arthritis and i just wondered if any of you had experienced irregualr periods with methotrexate? i take methotrexate injection 17.5 and i wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this problem and of course i am going to talk to my nurse about it but in the mean time whilst i wait for my appointment can anyone give me some ideas about what my doctor will do? such as changing my dose of medication,changing medication etc... anything you have to say is welcome, thanks alot:)

Comments

• Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I also started with Juvenile Arthritis nearly 60 years ago. Although I really can't remember what I was taking at your age I did have all sorts of ups and downs with irregular periods all my productive life.
    I still managed to have two boys though.
    You need to go and have a chat with your nurse/doctor. It may be something you will have to put up with as the inflammatory stuff does send different bits of us haywire sometimes.
    You don't say how long you've been on the injections. It may be early days and things will settle down once your body gets more used to it.
    Or your docs may decide to change you to something else. They usually start with Methotrexate.Only the medics can know what is right for you.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  • annaosborne
    Hi, thanks for the advice:) I've only been on it for almost a year now, so maybe I still need to give it a bit of time to settle down, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad side effect:) I am going to see my doctor and nurse soon, so I will tell you what they suggest:) thanks x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Anna

I am not sure how old you are but I have read parts of a blog by Elizabeth who is 16 years old and growing up with JA. Perhaps you may be interested to read what she has to say.

http://arthritisgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/methotrexate-irregular-periods.html

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annaosborne
    thankyou:) I will defiantly have a read!