All packed

loovechocolate
loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
edited 17. Sep 2012, 05:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I am all packed for our cruise tomorrow took slightly longer than usual as I needed to sit down more often, it's been a long old 18 weeks getting to know my new knee but I think we are now friends :lol: my new kitchen is now in and the dining room and conservatory are looking good, Lounge next :o but so glad P&O sent me that email with the bargain 1 whole week with no plaster dust, electricians or tilers.
Have a good week will look in to see how everyone is doing

Comments

• Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You have a really great time, and forget about arthritis and operations and us; you can make us all jealous when you get home! :D
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Aww , lucky you :D , hope you have a fab time xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Loovechocolate
    you have a lovely time you can tell us about it when you come back.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Have a really great time.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You have a really lovely time, its such a nice time to have an holiday and get some well earned sunshine....I am so excited for you.. if there is any room in your case just let me know...and enjoy :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Go away and forget us - that's an order! :) Have a splendid time, you deserve the break. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Helenbothknees
    And if we haven't persuaded you yet.............the internet rates on cruise ships are horrendous. :!: :!: :!:
  • loovechocolate
    Back from my cruise and feel really rested, cruise ships = lots of walking which has been fabulous for my TKR , as suggested by my phsio I took my crutches so that I wouldn’t get muscle fatigue and it worked, I was able to do everything I wanted to and enjoyed the break, 9 weeks tomorrow we are off to Miami for 3 days before our Caribbean cruise for 10 days really looking forward to that now
  • Helenbothknees
    Welcome back, and I'm really glad it all went so well. We've booked a holiday in Madeira for November, and I'll be at about the same stage after my TKR as you are now, and yes, I'm planning on taking sticks for emergencies, so good to hear that it's a good idea. And you've got another holiday soon, lucky person. Enjoy it!
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Glad you had a lovely time , welcome back :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad you had a good break! Why is it when we get home we feel like we could turn on our heels are go on another! Counting down to our Cruise over Christmas! 16 nights cruising from Fort Lauderdale round the Carribbean, only 13 weeks to go! And we spend a night in Fort Lauderdale in a 4* hotel the night before we cruise. OMG loovechocolate we're not going on the same cruise holiday are we??
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome home :D

So glad you had a lovely break

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am glad to read you had a good time, loovechocolate, that must have done you the power of good and it's nice to have you back. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • loovechocolate
    bubbadog wrote:
    Glad you had a good break! Why is it when we get home we feel like we could turn on our heels are go on another! Counting down to our Cruise over Christmas! 16 nights cruising from Fort Lauderdale round the Carribbean, only 13 weeks to go! And we spend a night in Fort Lauderdale in a 4* hotel the night before we cruise. OMG loovechocolate we're not going on the same cruise holiday are we??

That would be nice no we are staying at the 66 in Fort Lauderdale and then sailing 17th Nov on the Emerald Princess, then 19th Jan flying to Auckland for 5 days before Diamond Princess doing Oz and NZ we just love that cruising :D. Which ship are you on
  • bubbadog
    We're flying out to Miami and staying in Fort Lauderdale over night and join the Celebrity Eclipse for 14nts. We try and cruise at least once a year prefer twice a year. We are planning a world cruise to go on at the latest within the next 4yrs. We love cruising!!
  • loovechocolate
    lol just love that cruising 8) world cruise nice we have done the return from Sydney via Asia which was fab like you we do 2 per year just love the ships Celebrity are nice ships, we tend to stick with Celebrity, Princess or P&O they suit us quieter than RCI
  • bubbadog
    We haven't tried Princess Cruise ships yet, we do love the Royal Carribbean Ships they are fun! Been on the Independance of the sea's really enjoyed that cruise ship. It has a proper 'mall' on it (very American style but in a fun way) and full size Ice rink! They do amazing ice shows on it. You should take a look! We will be telling each other about our cruises in future!! :lol: