Trayce Member Posts: 110
edited 31. Aug 2012, 18:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Only now and again it starts in hip and then top of my leg

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I take it you mean that it's the same leg as the affected hip? I'm afraid that I cannot help but I suggest that you keep a record of when it happens and what you have been doing to see if there is a common trigger. That might help your GP to determine what is going on, numbness can be caused by a nerve being squashed or trapped. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi again Trayce

I do hope that you are feeling a little better in yourself than you did a few days ago. It is good to hear from you again. You said in an earlier posting on the forum that since last november you have had problems with your hip and back and x-rays showed degenerative changes in your disc and disc space narrowing. I have a feeling that because of this you are aware of numbness in your hip and top of your leg every now and again. As DD says it could well be a nerve that is squashed or trapped causing this. We are not medically trained though.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.