The clouds have lifted.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Sep 2012, 09:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had a difficult / miserable week. I'm sure you all know the feeling where you take one step forward and then about a thousand back (OK, OK, a total exaggeration but you know what I mean. :wink: ) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were spent mostly in bed (with the odd break for work, cooking and clearing) but suddenly, tonight, that awful tiredness-sodden half-life feeling lifted and I feel brighter. Strewth, it's nearly 11pm and I'm still awake! :lol: I will be going to bed soon and I hope you all have the best night's sleep possible. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ahnh DD, why didn't you say you were living the half life? I'm really glad things have picked up for you and I hope you have a bright dawn and a full life tomorrow...just don't over do it in the excitement of being back to full and end up depleting yourself back to half again! That's usually how I do it, bumping and starting my take off a few times til I'm flying again. Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Petitesse
    Petitesse Member Posts: 62
    Yayy, great to hear you are feeling better DD :)

I missed out on most of this week too. I don't feel bad, just don't seem to be able to wake up...
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    That's excellent news DD, I'm really pleased for you. Now you can really enjoy your weekend :D Go for it girl!
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Good to hear DD,long may it last.Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    Glad to hear you are getting back to normal {whatever that is :lol:}
    Seriously I am glad you are feeling much better.
    I remember a friend of mine saying......stop when you think you can do a bit more..... :wink: so just remember that one :D
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    That is good to hear! Funny how it goes like that isn't it? I hope you can have a lovely weekend now. :D

Hilleena - that is good advice, I think I should heed it more often!
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    oh DD I am so pleased the clouds have been lifted (I knew if I blew hard enough they would :D I am puffed now :lol: )

Fingers crossed this good feeling lasts quite a while :wink:

Have a lovely weekend :D

Love Juliepf x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I like that analogy. Sorry to hear you'd been feeling rubbish but glad the sunshine is peeking through. I saw a rainbow the other day and it was beautiful. So, I hope there's a rainbow your way today. xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi DD
    I am glad the clouds are lifting, now you do has Hileena says ...and hopefully they will stay lifted for a long time.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    So pleased you're feeling more " full of life and joy " ; wonderful when you suddenly feel human again . Long may it continue , enjoy your weekend . Jillyb
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Great news DD- good to celebrate together when life looks brighter- enjoy the good times-it keeps us going through the rubbish stuff. :D

Deb x
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Glad your feeling brighter :D:D , I think we have all been "there" many times so can totally understand xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Wow! Thank you one and all for your lovely replies, I wasn't expecting that amount of feedback - I'm blown away. I slept relatively well, I woke up once and had to put on a knee support (for the first time in years) but then nodded off again and that was it until 9.30am. :shock: I couldn't bl**dy move for a while (I stay in the same position when asleep) but I eventually creaked into action and I am still feeling better. I am resting though, I know how sly this arthritis malarkey can be. I am watching adverts interspersed with the odd bit of paralympic activity.

Once again, thank you all for your kind messages. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    firstly sorry i did not reply earlyer but so glad the monkey has got off your back it horrid the way it can make you feel have great weekend val
    val
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Hi DD - I'm pleased to hear you have been feeling rather better and hope that is continuing and you've had a good day today. I hope your heel pain is easier too.

Let's hope we all have a reasonable week ahead. At least the weather is supposed to be improving.

Wishing you well, Susie :)
  • Jo90
    Jo90 Member Posts: 68
    Hi DD

Good to hear you are shaking it off. It is so peculiar that it can ease up as quickly and unexpectedly as it flared, I'm still getting used to that, bl@@dy annoying as it is.
    Take care and long may you keep it at bay :D
    Jo
    xx
  • Jo90
    Jo90 Member Posts: 68
    BTW - Hileena, I really value that pearl of wisdom from you ! Excellent piece of advice !
    Jo
    xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning DD
    How are you feeling today?

JO....that pearl of wisdom didnt come from me......Thats one of DD's many pearls and she has said it to me before so I was just reminding her of it :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello everyone, I am pleased to say that so far things are continuing in the right direction. I've had a great week-end but I am still resting as and when because I know I'm not yet out of these particular woods. There is one snag however, namely my right knee. It's being a real nuisance, it won't straighten properly, it's stuck in about a 30' bend and walking without my knee support is somewhat comical - Skezier's description of walking like a drunken gorilla springs to mind! :lol: Does anyone have any ideas about why a knee would get stuck like this? DD
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi DD.So sorry about the knee especialy after feeling so much better after a good weekend ,guess we all need the oil can from time to time ,stuck in a bent position is the complete opposite to mine which used to lock straight and I had to kind of manipulate it to unlock to bend it .........it was the osteo .. and some days were worse than others 7 week in now ..........in the end it was the only thing that has let me bend and straighten hope yours is just tempory maybe from bed despite the support and it gets better with rest and either hot or the cold compresses hope you can get more advise and you continue to feel better the games are brilliant I watch television on my bed at the moment doing my exercises Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    what I meant to say DD that its only thidgee TKR That has made any significant improvement to my knee I dont know how bad your knee is under x/ray ......I had virtualy no cartili dge at all,Marrianne :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi DD
    Its good to see you had a better weekend...fingers crossed it stay that way for a while xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi Marianne, I have bone-on-bone through about 3/4 of both knees and I know how that feels, but this is feeling somewhat different, it's a much deeper and sharper pain. The muscle above the knee is very sore too and when I contract it my foot doesn't rise. Hey-ho, I'll rest it for a while and see if that helps. I did a fair bit of sitting at the week-end so that is probably the culprit. :) You're damned if you move around too much and damned if you don't! :lol:

Hello Barbara, I had a fabulous week-end, I'm sitting here thinking about it and re-living it. It was wonderful. Mr DD was with me too which always helps! :lol: DD
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hope you feel better DD

Karen xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Sorry I missed this thread DD. I've been running round in circles looking after my grandchildren, plus the dog.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good weekend and that things are improving for you. It's very frustrating when you want to do things, but your body is telling you otherwise. Take it easy this week until you feel better.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif