knee replacement

blueboy1
blueboy1 Member Posts: 10
edited 28. Oct 2012, 09:23 in Say Hello Archive
Hi to all, my name is Allyson i am 46 and have ra. I was having a look and thought i would ask any one had a part knee replacement done, and how long was the recovery. :D

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope someone will be able to answer your question. It may be better to re-post it on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum as many more look in on that bit - and if you do a search on that forum you may well find some old threads about it. As for recovery time, well, that is very individual and related to a number of factors including one's general fitness and leg muscle strength prior to the operation. I wish you well. DD (who has PsA and OA and would love two new knees but still has two years to wait. :lol: )
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Allyson

just a quick 'hello' from me :) and welcome

I hope you find the forums as useful as l have

Toni xx
  • amorley
    amorley Member Posts: 3
    My mum had a knee replacement last year, she says it has changed her life. She is on the list for her second sometime next year hopefully.
  • amorley
    amorley Member Posts: 3
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Allyson

just a quick 'hello' from me :) and welcome

I hope you find the forums as useful as l have

Toni xx

Hello... im new too :)
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Hello and welcome Allyson and Toni.

Allyson, I have had 2 and in 2000, and I went into hospital in a wheelchair, and walked out a month later, best thing that ever happened to me.
    I had to have one of them done 3 years later, after one came dislodged, but that was my fault for playing badminton.
    I now still play badminton and table tennis, aerobics, and archery, every week, and they are still going strong.
    The only pain I had was during the first moth, I got MRSA in one of them, but they managed to stop that, just a little soreness now and again.
    I think it extremely important to follow the physiotherapist instructions to the letter.

Good luck!

Arfa