Newbie to this site and to OA

chrissiewissie
chrissiewissie Member Posts: 75
edited 24. Sep 2012, 08:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hi All
Just wanted to say hi before I started using the site.
I've just finally been diagnosed with OA and in some strange way I'm almost relieved that I now know what has been going on with my ankles, toes, knees and back! :roll:
This looks like a really cool forum to talk to others living with chronic pain who really understand what it's like.
Hope to speak to you all soon.
C x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh yes indeedy, we get it completely, utterly and totally - it's not that great, is it? I am pleased you have found us, hopefully we will be able to help with information and support. I reckon we cover the complete range of arthritic conditions between us all, I myself have psoriatic arthritis and that in turn has led to OA in my knees and ankles - it's not fun. I look forward to seeing your name here and there around the forum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chrissiewissie
    Thanks for your reply, appreciate the welcome!!
    x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi chrissiewissie
    And a warm welcome from me, yes its good to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through, it really does help, so I hope to see you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • chrissiewissie
    Thank you Barbara, its helped already just knowing that I'm not on my own with this.
    x
  • friarygirl
    friarygirl Member Posts: 36
    Welcome. there are all sorts of situations here and several [ not me!] with OA and many other things. I have a rapidly changing mixed connective tissue disease so it is a whole body condition affecting other organs too in various ways. hope you will stay mobile, find ways of exercising and enjoying life - the helpline is a great resource.
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Hello and welcome to you chrissiewissie, yes it is a mystery till you are finally diagnosed, a bit of a shock and a touch of relief knowing.
    All being fellow sufferers in one shape or another, folks on here are understanding of your situation, don't be frightened to ask a question of members, many on here have OA, I have just a touch and I am pleased to say it hasn't bothered me too much, my problem is RA.
    Enjoy the forum, start the day with getting the chuckle muscles working by visiting Rondetto's jokes.
  • chrissiewissie
    Thanks friarygirl and arfaitis
    Appreciate the advice, I've been made really welcome on here and look forward to chatting with everyone and offering my own experiences.
    xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi chrissie

lovey to meet you and welcome you to our forums :D

I hope and am sure you will find them as helpful and supportive as I have.

Tis a fair degree of OA you have there I am sorry, but glad you found the right place.

Love

Toni xxx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Hello Chrissie

As those above me have already said, welcome to the forum where you will find friends, help, support and laughter.

I've got OA in many places and it's not fun. When I tell my Doctor, he says "oh, I had a twinge this morning."

I have my down days, but I always know another day will be better and then make sure I really enjoy those good days. And a bit of sun makes all the difference.

Enjoy the forum.

Janet x
  • chrissiewissie
    Thanks Janet and Toni
    I've been telling my husband all about the site and how much it helps having somewhere like this that I can talk to others about arthritis and how they're still enjoying life despite it.
    Thanks for the lovely welcome!
    xx