Hi everyone

nicetomeetu
nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
edited 27. Sep 2012, 15:59 in Say Hello Archive
I am a 47 year old single mum of three grown up children.

I have been suffering with osteorthritis for about a decade now. Recently it has been getting worse. I have it in my ankles, knees, hips, elbows, shoulders. Life is no longer a joy. It's just about getting from one day to the next. I also feel terrible fatigue. I am currently on Job Seekers benefit looking for a desk job and have had no luck so that further gets me down. Also people don't understand arthritis unless they have it too. Going shopping is a mission in itself. I have to take regular rests. I am taking Naproxen and Paracetamol for the pain.

I hope you are all doing good and it really is nice to meet you all :)

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello nucetimeetu,

Big hugs! You seem to have lots to be dealing with and dealing with arthritis alone is enough. It's very true that people don't really understand arthritis unless they have it but you've come to the right place! There's lots of us on here and we have lots of flavours of arthritis between us. We'll happily support you and help you through the rough bits. The Living with Arthritis forum will probably be a good place to have a look and post while chit hat is just that, a bit of chat and giggles.

Welcome aboard!
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • nicetomeetu
    Hello nucetimeetu,

Big hugs! You seem to have lots to be dealing with and dealing with arthritis alone is enough. It's very true that people don't really understand arthritis unless they have it but you've come to the right place! There's lots of us on here and we have lots of flavours of arthritis between us. We'll happily support you and help you through the rough bits. The Living with Arthritis forum will probably be a good place to have a look and post while chit hat is just that, a bit of chat and giggles.

Welcome aboard!
    LV xx

Please bear with me if I am all over the place. Not a v tech person I am afraid. I will find my way eventually.....I hope :oops:

Thank you for the lovely warm welcome. I know now I did the right thing joining this website. Yes, I will have a dabble on the other forums.

BTW I love your name. Very unique. xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Thank you, I'm named after the tree of life, it's meant to be good for health and, well, something's gotta work!

Take your time and make yourself at home, there's no rush and you're not all over the place. I found posting a bit scary at first but now I'm more than happy to do it, it doesn't take long to get to know us all!

LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello from me too, nicetoomeetu. I hope you'll enjoy being with us. Arthritis is no fun but, if you've got it, this is a good place to be.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nicetomeetu
    LignumVitae I was going to ask before what your name means, but I felt a bit cheeky as I have only just joined. Well, thank you for telling me and it is a beautiful meaning indeed x

Stickywicket, thank you for your welcome and once again, i love the name, mine does sound kind of boring now lol :lol:

Anyway, bye for today and thanks for being here for me. Have a great evening xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Nicetomeetu

A big welcome, I myself have only been here a few days, this is a great forum so many lovely friendly people, pity we all have to meet under these circumstances but good to have people that understand and are great at listening if you need a good moan.............tc.....Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • miller43
    miller43 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone i am new in this forum i would love to meet new people and share experiences, today im not really feeling good but hopefully being here would make me feel a bit better :wink:
  • nicetomeetu
    Hi and welcome,

I know what you mean. I feel on here we all understand each other, because we are all going through it. Nobody in my family and friends has arthritis, bless them so they don't understand why on some days I will not to venture out and will want to be by myself. People mistake the fatigue I go through with laziness..... If only.
  • stickywicket
    miller43 wrote:
    Hello everyone i am new in this forum i would love to meet new people and share experiences, today im not really feeling good but hopefully being here would make me feel a bit better :wink:

I hope it will, miller43. Please join in wherever you wish. What type of arthritis do you have? Mine's mainly RA.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Nobody in my family and friends has arthritis, bless them so they don't understand why on some days I will not to venture out and will want to be by myself. People mistake the fatigue I go through with laziness..... If only.

Have you tried googling The Spoon Theory? It's a good way of getting across to others how things are for us.
    Steven Wright
  • nicetomeetu
    Nobody in my family and friends has arthritis, bless them so they don't understand why on some days I will not to venture out and will want to be by myself. People mistake the fatigue I go through with laziness..... If only.

Have you tried googling The Spoon Theory? It's a good way of getting across to others how things are for us.

Stickywicket thanks I will google that and let you know.

:D xx
  • nicetomeetu
    Wow I just read the spoon theory. Really makes you think and so true.

Thanks Stickywicket
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello :D I'm sure I posted a "welcome" msg on yr thread yesterday but it seems to have disappeared :roll: so just to say "welcome" from me too.

Tilly xxx
  • villier
    Thanks Tilly great forum.......tc.....Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    miller43 wrote:

Hi Miller and welcome new here too, you have come to a great place......tc....Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier

WOW just read the spoon theory Sticky what a read pure genious xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • nicetomeetu
    Thank you Tillytop,

For going to the trouble of posting twice. It's really appreciated and you have all made me feel so much better in just one day.

Hugs xxxx :)
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Hello and welcome to the forum from me too. We all know what you are going through so keep us informed as to how you are doing. As arthritis can't always be seen, those non sufferers do not understand how we feel.
    Any time you want to let off steam or want advice, then send us a message and we will support you if we can.

I've been out in this lovely autumn sun today and it made all the difference as to how I was feeling when I first got out of bed.

Janet xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome to the forums from me too :D

I have already 'met' you on chit chat, but 'hello' again glad you found us

Love

Toni xxx
  • nicetomeetu
    Thanks for the welcome Tillytop,

I posted a message to you earlier too and that didn't come up, maybe it's me I forgot to press submit, what am I like.

:) xxxx