GPs

pinkbritishstars
pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
edited 28. Sep 2012, 11:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi

Am not a happy bunny. I was up all last night with severe pain in my heel and left incision site. I spoke to my gp this morning and she said increase anti-inflammatory and ring back at 3pm if it's not worked. So I dutifully rang back at 3pm and left a message for a gp to ring me which they did at 3.30pm. This time it was a different gp (this one is very strict) and she said theres no point in coming out to see you you havea frame so get a taxi down to the surgery and we will see you here!!! a ) I'm not at all mobile, b) I have no money for a taxi and c) it's a real struggle to get in and out of a car.

Anyway I'm going ot ring out of hours gp and get someone to come and give me IM morphine!!

Rant over - sorry!!!! ;-)

Pink xxx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Awwwe Pink thats awful if I was you I would let the first gp know that you had rang back and what the outcome was, absolutely ring the out of hours service and demand that someone comes out to see you let us know how you get on.........tc.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • pinkbritishstars
    Like I said to a friend at least I'm assertive - what if I'd been an old lady who had noone around!!

I'm really cross and am thinking about making a complaint!

Pink x xx
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    That's rubbish!

My friend has fibromyalgia (unsure of spelling!) and was telling us at my knitting group yesterday about her last visit to GP where the GP stopped her mid-sentence as she was asking about the procedure she was about to have involving steroid injections to her eyes....*shudder* with the words 'your ten minutes are up, if you need to talk about this anymore then you'll have to make another appointment' as she looked at her watch....we were all speechless!

Nx
  • pinkbritishstars
    thats awful nic xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    a good gp is worth there weight in gold a bad one is like lead pulls you down. hope it sorted soon and complaine about second gp they get paid to do there job and they did not val
    val
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    omg Nic I have heard it all now I am totally speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Pink if I was you I would put in a complaint we don't complain enough..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Pink that is terrible...you have just had surgery..so I am sure they should come and see you.....good for you sticking up for yourself....
    I do hope you get some help very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Just told OH and he said OMG!
  • pinkbritishstars
    Hi

I rang out of hours GP last night and the Dr who rang me back said to me "we are not a taxi service!!" and was really nasty, but let me have a home visit. The Dr (not one who said about taxi service) came to see me at 9.50pm last night and was really nice and has given me another extremely strong pain relief which has helped a lot!! Now on 4 lots of pain relief but I need them so it is what it is!

Love Pink xxx