Is it just the weather

Options
loovechocolate
loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
edited 28. Sep 2012, 08:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good morning
I have a question sorry about the TKR again.
Things have been going along fine then couple of days ago I felt stiff and swollen, used ice did all the usual things but now it really hurts like a throb either side of the knee, my calf hurts as well and I get a sharp stabbing pain when I move. Do you think it’s the weather, will admit that on Sunday I made my Christmas cake and I twisted. Stupid me :?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, you twisted? I think that could be the culprit - our original joints are not that keen on being twisted let alone a nice shiny metal one. I think you should rest the knee and if things don't ease then is it possible to have a word with your surgeon? You poor thing, I bet life is pretty uncomfy at the moment - let's hope it improves soon, yes? Take care. DD (who buys a small Christmas cake as no-one in this household likes it!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Oh dear :cry: , think DD is right , ice and rest for a few days . Think its easy to forget not to do certain movements but I do know twisting was one of them ! , take care and rest xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Yes, I’d blame the Christmas cake too. Twisty movements aren’t ideal. Go easy on it, loovechocolate, and, if it doesn’t improve over the weekend, do get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright