happy days???? kind of!?

richy
richy Member Posts: 55
edited 4. Oct 2012, 08:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
just got my prescription for
hydro, iv.e been started on meds, (thank god!) i.l be honest, im not happy to be taking meds, but, im also very happy not being ill,(again)
i know it takes weeks to kick in, but ive been given 3 months worth, 0ne a day for 3 months, at least its a start,,, theres no way i can be like i was before, and fair play to the consultant, he says, if the meds dont kick in quick enough just pop around for another steroid jab, wish me luck,
and thank you all for your support on here, muchly appreciated for pointing me in the right direction,, thanks, richy

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi richy
    I really do wish you well with the meds, I know you are a positive person, and I am sure many on here will be pulling for you.
    Good luck with it, and please let us know how you are getting on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I really hope that things get moving to improving for you. Good luck with the meds, do let us know how you go. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Richy, well you got the meds so I wish you well and hope that you start to improve soon. :D

Got mi fingers crossed for you :wink: (well kind of :lol: )

Love Juliepf x
  • richy
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi Richy, well you got the meds so I wish you well and hope that you start to improve soon. :D

Got mi fingers crossed for you :wink: (well kind of :lol: )

Love Juliepf x

pmsl :lol::lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hey Richy

Good to see you

Are you having the hydroxy as well as the MTX? Or instead?

I was trying to suss it out having been AWOL for a day or so (kids at home pinching my laptop :roll: ), but failed as I do

What I DID notice was that you have a passion for classic cars! We share our lives with a 1973 MG midget....and I know my place.....I am allowed out in the rain 'spud' isn't :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope all goes well for you Richy.......tc.......Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Like frog, I was wondering if the hydroxy was as well as meth. It is sometimes given on its own but, at one a day, that's not very much as a starting dose. I think the starting dose is normally 2 x daily and that's with meth. I hope it works for you, richy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Like frog, I was wondering if the hydroxy was as well as meth. It is sometimes given on its own but, at one a day, that's not very much as a starting dose. I think the starting dose is normally 2 x daily and that's with meth. I hope it works for you, richy.
    Hey Richy and Sticky. I take Hydroxy on its own. I see from the posts on here that most people seem to be on two DMARDS. I have only ever been on one at a time. However, i have failed three before this one so maybe thats why.I take two a day with two Celebrex and a stomach protector.

7Worlds
  • richy
    im going for the hydro meds monday, fill my precption.. yeah its my b-day weekend, not a good time to be taking meds,,, m onday morning kuuckle down and sort it out,,, time to change my life around,,
  • richy
    i,l get my preception monday morning, birthday weekend for me,, yes a beer or two has been taken,, lol,, its nice to know somebody cares,, and you guys on here have seen me right,, a big thank you to you all who all who lead me in the right direction,, this forum has been a massive help,

i cant thank you all enough,,, 8)
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    A belated happy birthday to you Richy! The very best of luck to you that you're now on the road to progress.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hey Richy

Glad you are on road to recovery , good luck with the meds .

Fowls xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I hope the meds work for you, and quickly too.
    Belated Happy Birthday from me too.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • richy
    is 200mg twice a day a big dose of quinoric?? just wondering,i think you guys call it meth,, :?:
    amyway its going well so far, but its early days so far,, cheers guys, :D
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Richy

It's a long time since I took Quinoric (which I believe is a brand name for Hydroxychloroquine) so I can't help with the dose I'm afraid. What we call "meth" is methotrexate, one of the other DMARDS. Meth is a drug which is taken once a week only at doses up to 25mg each week (which is the max I think).

Good luck with the Quinoric and really hope it helps you.

Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yes, as Tilly says, quinoric is hydroxychloroquine is plaquenil. I think they only come in 200mg tabs and I was told the normal starting dose is one twice a day. However, I was/am also on meth(otrexate). Now I only take one quinoric a day. I hope it helps, richy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi,I take hydroxy 2x200 per day,has special eye tests been mentioned?I had to have one shortly after I started on the hydroxy.Mig
  • richy
    mig wrote:
    Hi,I take hydroxy 2x200 per day,has special eye tests been mentioned?I had to have one shortly after I started on the hydroxy.Mig
    yeah, i had to have and eye test and chest x rays before i was given the prescription, and i have to have an eye test now every 3 months,, and give bloods every two weeks
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    A belated happy birthday from me too. Hope that the meds help and that you're on the mend very soon. Take care