Hello! X

Options
SorePaw
SorePaw Member Posts: 19
edited 8. Oct 2012, 08:32 in Say Hello Archive
Hello! Been lurking over the last couple of weeks but getting nervous about an appointment tomorrow so thought I would register and see if you guys could tell me what to expect. I shall post my questions in the appropriate place but thought it was only polite to say hello first!

I have sore paws (hands) at the moment, had them for ten weeks now and my gp thinks it is one of the inflamatory arthritis. Naproxen is helping but I still need a full whack of paracetamol and a bit of codeine to make them bare able . Nothing to show on x ray, nothing much exciting on bloods - very slight elevation in crp. I am currently permanently attached to a warm wheat bag as this really helps! Proper reduces the swollen feeling and the stiffness and is better than any pain killers for the soreness!

Oh and I think my trotters (toes) are starting up with a bit too, getting some stiffness, pains and aching. Bent one the other day just to see if it hurt and boy it did! Won't be doing that again in a hurry!

So that's me and my aches! Hello!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you. At least your GP is on the ball - believe me that is a very good thing. There are many forms of auto-immune-based inflammatory arthriits and it can take time to narrow it down to just one but I know you are seeing a rheumatologist today and I hope they will be able to shed a little more light on matters for you. Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is one that usually begins in the smaller joints of the body - have you ever had eczema or psoriasis? PsA is my 'chosen' flavour but mine started in my left knee - it's all over the shop now. I wish you well and I hope we hear about your appointment on LWA. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben