stevanmelia Member Posts: 31
edited 17. Oct 2012, 16:25 in Say Hello Archive
Anyone else on pain patches?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Steven

lovely to meet you. I am using bu-trans. What about you?

Toni xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hi Steven, I'm on pain patches too - Butrans. What strength are you on? I started with the 5 microgram ones. For the first 2 days it was brilliant and I was able to do so many things without being in any pain. Just couldn't believe it| However the wonderful effect then wore off totally. I went back to my GP and she put me up to the 10 mcg ones. Still not getting much relief from them. When I saw her last week to discuss progress, she suggested that maybe it was worth trying to go up to 15mcg - i.e it would mean me using 2 patches but I wasn't bothered about that if it would work. Changeover day is Sunday for me so duly put the extra patch on. Within 2 hours I was falling asleep every 10 minutes and it was completely crashing me out (the same reaction as I've had with other meds that she's tried me with). I can't put up with that so have abandoned the 5 mcg and now am just using the 10. Can't say that it's making very much difference to the pain level - wish it would. Hope you get a better result with yours. Beryl
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hey Beryl :)

I keep forgetting to say - have you asked teh GP what you can take for 'breakthrough pain'???

If you dont want to trouble him/her you could ask the pharmacist?

Love

Toni xxx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Hi Steven I'm on Durogesic Dtrans 25mcg, I've been on them quite a while now I was on the other patches for a while but I became allergic to the glue
    sue