hello

Options
tina56
tina56 Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Oct 2012, 06:45 in Say Hello Archive
hi this is the first time I have posted on this type of forum, I have had osteo arthrits since my early 40,s and am now mid 50.s, the worst thing about this illness is the pain , and how people donot understand what we have to go through everyday. I am lucky in that my husband is so caring, but I feel locked in this bubble of pain , and quite often feel very down, I know many of you will be able to relate to the way I feel, thanks for listening, Tina56.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there Tina

We can totally relate to that isolating bubble of pain :( .

Good news is this is the very place to let other people into the bubble with you - and climb out yourself :)

Please do take a look around the forums and join in wherever you like - people will welcome you wholeheartedly

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello Tina56. It's good to meet you. Yes, as frogmorton says, we can all relate to the pain thing and, although we need to keep our OHs on board, we don't want to be moaning at them all the time so this is a good place to come and 'tell it like it is'. I hope you'll enjoy being with us. Join in wherever you like. We're all friendly :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • carole123
    carole123 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello Tina, A warm welcome from me too. That 'bubble of pain' is a horrible thing to live with and I do sympathise. I remember feeling fairly desperate in the early days when I realised the OA wasn't going to go away . . . most of our lives (if we're lucky) we get ill - and then get better. So it feels unsettling when we know we have to manage this chronic illness for good.

The good news (ha!) is that it does seem to be possible to adapt, at least sometimes, find what helps (sounds like you have a lovely husband) and make one's life function around the illness. Let us know what works for you just in the everyday sense?

This is a great forum, people who do know how it feels and are kind and welcoming too. What works for me is:
    exercise - gentle but persistent through the week
    resting regularly - nice balance of armchair and doing stuff
    feet up in the evenings
    getting absorbed in things I'm interested in
    this forum!
    Have a good weekend!
    Carole
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Great advice, Carole123. Why didn't I think of that? :roll: :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I am glad you have found us. I'm in that bubble too - I also have a very understanding husband and that makes a world of difference to matters. There are still times, however, when it all gets a little too much and that is when the forum and the support it offers is second to none. We know what it's like, we understand how trying and testing things can be and we don't mind when people sound off, vent, explode or whatever - as long as it's arthritis-related. :wink: I am feeling rough today so won't be about much but I will keep an eye open for your name here and there. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Hello Tina

As the others above me have already said, welcome to the forum and any time you want to explode then do it here.

I had a bad day yesterday so I just sat and got on with my latest jigsaw puzzle which helped me to take my mind of things and it relaxed me. I too have a very understanding other half but it is sometimes hard on him when I don't feel like going out.

I will look out for future postings from you.

Janet x
  • tina56
    tina56 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thankyou to all you lovely people that replied to my post, I do find it hard to constantly depend on my husband , he must get fed up of me moaning about the pain, I have just had 2 really bad days and have rested up a lot, but I find my hobby of crafting cards and reading helps to take my mind off things sometimes, we are going to go out to do some shopping tomorrow , and believe it or not I am looking forward to it just to get out of the house, please keep in touch I look forward to speaking to you all again Tina56, xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Tiina 56 a big welcome to a fabulous place, I am pretty new here myself
    the support and friendliness is second to none, it is great to know that everyone understands exactly how you feel as you say"locked in a bubble of pain" I have had a pretty ropey week and if it hadn't been for the support I got from everyone I don't know what I would have done, looking forward to seeing you around.........tc.....Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles