advice please

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 30. Oct 2012, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am now 4 days post op hip arthrogram, manipulation under GA and injection into the joint. I thought things were feeling ok until today and my hip is sore and keeps snapping inside (as before), more painful when walking. Also my lower back is stiff and sore. I have been doing my physio as much as I can cope with, taking pain dullers and trying to keep walking a bit.
Can anyone who has had hip injections advise how long it takes to know if it has worked, or when it starys to have an effect? I have had it before but my hip wasn`t painful before that time so I didn`t really know any different.
I have also been quite nauseaus since the GA, probably a bug I expect, as I am sure the anaesthetic will be out of my system now.
Thanks
NB

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB
    I had the arthrogram of my hip, but I didnt have it manipulated they just had a look what was going on, must say I am not good with GA ..I felt sickly for around 3 days, I didnt get much relief from the injection, but that doesn't mean you wont , everyone's different, I do hope it works for you..and brings lots of relief xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Sorry, I’ve never had that op so I’ve no idea what’s ‘normal’ after it but I do think the nausea could still be due to the anaesthetic, though not necessarily so. I think you need some ‘proper’ advice, NB. Can you ring the ward? The physio? Your GP, if not. I hope you feel better soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thanks Barbara
    I have been trying to do the physio as advised and had a short walk to the shop yesterday, but the walk was painful in both hips! I hope that it is just from the pulling about with the manipulation and that it will settle. I had a heat pad on overnight to help with the back stiffness. Love those heat pads!! Sorry that your injection didn`t help though xx

Hi Sticky
    I am feeling a bit better from the nausea, so I will wait it out I think. But I will probably try to see the GP next week if all not better.
    NB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    I don't know how or what you're supposed to do and how quickly, NB. All I do know, which might possibly be of help, is that walking outside after a THR or TKR is not at all the same as walking indoors. Indoors floors are flat. Outdoors the body is making minor adjustments for the unevenness of the ground with every step and it takes its toll. I always concentrate on exercises first and do the outdoor walking later when muscles are strengthened.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello NB, I apologise for being late to you and your recent bout of surgery wrestling but there's been a lot going on at Daisy Manor. I have no experience of what you have had done but I've found over the years with the various ops that I've had that things to feel worse before they start to feel better, and when you think about what's been done to your poor joint it's no wonder stuff's sore or worse. GA doesn't clear the system that quickly, I don't know if it depends on the type or the amount but I was still dopey and icky ten days or so after my first synovectomy (some would say that that hasn't changed :wink: ). Right, stupid words alert: be a patient patient, be kind to yourself, do your exercises sensibly, eat well, keep hydrated and rest so that your body has a chance to recover. I hope things start to feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi NB
    Just wondering how you are getting on, I do hope you get some relief from it...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi NB,Sorry your still in pain hips ,being a knee girl not bad hips YET I cant help but I hope that pain shifts soon and you begin to feel better this cold isnt helping either good luck .Marrianne :)