"not with that you don't!"

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 30. Oct 2012, 07:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
A few weeks ago I treated myself to a super duper non stick, non warp, non rust and the most expensive baking tray I have ever bought from a well known houseware store beginning with L. Yesterday I saw it clasped firmly in my husband's hand and I asked him what he was doing with it. His reply was "I'm going to clean out the filter on the washing machine". "Not with that you don't." was my reply. "Use the old one I gave you". His response was "I've got to out to the garage for it." Needless to say, he went. :roll:

Out to lunch with our daughter today to a lovely old country pub with roaring fires. Brrr, a bit cold here today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Janet xx

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh you just have to love em dont you Janet my Oh is Just the same. :lol:. I did much the same at christmas last year, I brought a new baking tray all be it not an expensive one but new all the same. On Christmas day he said i'll cook breakfast later in the day I discovered marks all over it when i mentioned he said oh I used it on the hob to fry the bacon this morning. :roll: :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Trust the blokes , mine use knives as screw drivers :roll: Hope you had a lovely lunch

Fowls xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Men that's why I don't have one..........lol :lol: freezing here, hope yoou have a lovely lunch ............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mr DD is a dab hand at ruining cooking pots and bakeware but, as he cooks every weekend on on the feast days, I can't and won't complain. Knives for screwdrivers? I find nail files better for that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    We all had a lovely lunch. The pub was so warm and cosy with log fires, just what we wanted for a cold wet autumn day.

Hubby and son have gone to watch the London Irish rugby team play today - rather them than me.

Janet x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Cor, lucky blokes! We also had a good lunch as Mr DD roasted a chicken and did the usual accessories too. Yum-yum! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    And just try using their fancy screwdriver to jemmy open a can of paint. The horror and disgust as they whip it from your hand and look at you like you must be totally stupid.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter