MRI

wall1409
wall1409 Member Posts: 294
edited 31. Oct 2012, 06:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi had an MRI done last night and I was told will take 2 weeks to get to the consultant but I have a physio appointment booked for Thursday as they said the results should be with them, confused, any ideas?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nope, it sounds about par for the course to me. The various departments of the NHS with which we collide every now and again work in very mysterious ways. The physio may well have the results come Thursday (and might be able to interpret them) but what they shouldn't do is a diagnosis, that is the Consultant's job. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Hi, You have had the usual waffle about two/three weeks for results to us patients. Behind the scenes most times the scan will be on the computer almost immediately and the proffessional medics can access it.
    We just don't get the resuts until we sit in front of the consultant at our next appointment.
    So it is possible that the scan will be available to the physio, if they have access to it. On the other hand the physio may say they can't access it and/or are unable to decipher it anyway and you will have to wait for your consultant appointment.
    Depends on different staff and different hospital policy.
    Hope this helps, Joy
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Thanks folks, its the waiting thats the worst part I think

Wendy
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    It sure is Wendy, good luck with the physio and when you do get your results... Joy