Meeting others with JIA

pixie38
pixie38 Member Posts: 7
edited 31. Oct 2012, 15:12 in My child has arthritis
My 7 year old daughter is feeling as if she is the only child suffering with JIA and if I'm totally honest, I'm feeling very alone too.. Does anyone know of a good way to get to know other people with the same condition? I thought joining this, might help.. I think it would be great if both my daughter and I came into contact with other patients and their parents who are going through a similar thing!
Any suggestions?? x x

Comments

• Lozzy
    Lozzy Member Posts: 46
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, i think the CCAA run a weekend where children with JIA and their familys can meet up and spend time together. I would contact your local carers centre to see if they know of any suport groups in your area.
  • iluvhobbits
    iluvhobbits Member Posts: 32
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,
    My daughter is 14 and had had JIA since she was a year old, we finally got around to going on the CCAA weekend in the summer of 2011, I wish I had gone years ago! It's a great way for parents to meet other parents and for the kids to mix with children of the same age with the same condition. My daughter has remained good friends with a girl she met of the same age, chatting to her on Facebook and Texting each other and I keep in regular touch with the Mum via E Mail. We also try and meet up somewhere every 6 months or so for a family day out.
    If you get a chance try and go I think you will find it very informative and reassuring to meet families going through the same ups and downs.