Hello just joined

Options
jennax77
jennax77 Member Posts: 10
edited 21. Nov 2012, 17:10 in Say Hello Archive
hello everyone just found the page whilst looking for info, wish I known about it ages ago!

My name is Jen Im a 35 year old married mum of 4. I was born with both hips dislocated but even though my mum insisted there was something wrong the drs didnt believe her until it was too late to fix it. Ive had many ops over the years the last being a right hip replacement when I was 30
I have arthritis in my hips and knees and have just had the steroid injections in my knees today.

im trying to find out the risks of breastfeeding while having the injections as i dont really want to stop feeding my son if I dont have too if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Im also awaiting my tribunal date for incapacity benefit was meant to come through in october just want it over with.

im looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully be able to help others as well as get advice

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope that we will be able to help with information and support. My case is not like yours but I am used to steroid injections into my knees: I hope you have been told to rest them for at least 48 hours - and that means proper rest but I guess with four children that is not too likely to happen? I have no idea about breastfeeding (I am deliberately childless) but I hope that others will be able to help on that front. If you re-post on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum I hope that some mums will reply.

I spent years thinking I was the only one with my problems but then, when my husband gave me my first laptop, I discovered here and discovered that there were / are many more like me. AC changed my life and I hope you will like it here. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jennax77
    jennax77 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    hi thank-you for your reply, I was given no advice at all, I aksed him to write down exactly what I had done but when I got out of the hospital and read what he had written all he had put was steroid injection lol!! not very useful I wanted dosage and the name of the steroid etc to help with my search to see if I was still safe to feed. Thankfully I have a close friend who is a breastfeeding support worker who has looked into it and it looks like its safe so Im very pleased. I will post on the other section thanks for the advice :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello from me too, Jen.

I'm glad you got an informed answer about the breastfeeding as it's such an important point.

Mine is RA and I had my first two TKRs when my two were little. It's no joke, is it, small children and arthritis? I've no idea how you cope with four.

Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing you around here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trudygodat
    trudygodat Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello, welcome to the forum. :)