hi all

flutterbi
flutterbi Member Posts: 6
edited 16. Nov 2012, 13:36 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

Thought I would say hello. I have been reading some of the posts and found them useful.

I have had arthritis since my late 20's, I am now 50 and sometimes just moving is an effort, but I have been living with it so long that living with the pain seems normal. I have it in my knees, shoulders, hips, ankles and cervical spondylosis. My wrists suffer too usually when i am working for too long.

I bought my first walking stick just before my 50th birthday, I don't need it all the time, but its good to have as sometimes if I have to walk for more than 10 mins it means I don't have to sit down.

It's nice to see most of you have good GP's mine just brushes it off and puts it down to my age and tells me to take a paracetamol, lol I wish he could just feel the pain i am feeling for one day he would realise paracetamol is useless.

Anyway no doubt I will post on some of the topics, pleased to be here.
Flutterbi εiз

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,395
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi flutterby

I love your username :D

I love butterflies too!

It's nice to meet you, but sorry that you had to find us. We dont all have good GPs sadly like you a lot of us do feel fobbed off at times and well 50 is hardly OLD is it these days :roll:

Please do come along and join us all on any of the forums you fancy

Love

Toni xxx
  • flutterbi
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi flutterby

I love your username :D

I love butterflies too!

It's nice to meet you, but sorry that you had to find us. We dont all have good GPs sadly like you a lot of us do feel fobbed off at times and well 50 is hardly OLD is it these days :roll:

Please do come along and join us all on any of the forums you fancy

Love

Toni xxx

Thanks for the welcome and yes flutterbi is a user name that has stuck over the years, I love butterflies. I was told it was my age when I first went to the docs about it when I was 29, back then it was just clicking knees that ached.......oh how I have bloomed lol.
    Flutterbi εiз
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,395
    29 :shock:

Honestly some doctors eh?!

My back used to 'go' as a child really but first 'went' properly at 22/3 - ignored until I got to nearly 40 when I finally got surgey!

Then I developed some sort of inflammatory arthritis too - knees ankles hips sometimes hands/fingers and wrists. No proper name for it as my bloods are negative - though the rheumatologist calls it RA

Oh got some OA in my neck too

Like you I have bloomed :lol:

LOve

Toni xxx
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Hi Flutterbi

Pleased to meet you and Hello. I've also got OA and suffer especially with my hands and cervical spine. I thought 50 was the new 40 nowadays? I'm sorry your GP is so unhelpful. What medication are you taking; surely not just paracetamol?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a lot of support and advice here – I have during the short time I've been a regular member.

Shula
  • flutterbi
    Hi Flutterbi

Pleased to meet you and Hello. I've also got OA and suffer especially with my hands and cervical spine. I thought 50 was the new 40 nowadays? I'm sorry your GP is so unhelpful. What medication are you taking; surely not just paracetamol?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a lot of support and advice here – I have during the short time I've been a regular member.

Shula

Hi

I take ibuprophen (not supposed to as I have asthma), when it's really bad I take tramadol (left over from an op last year but almost out of date), the trouble with that is it makes me drowsy and kills the pain but does not help with the inflamation.

In 2004 I was taken off Voltarol because I had developed Asthma, in fact I had to come of my medication for the panic attacks too because of the Asthma.

Sometimes I go to docs, and wonder if I am speaking in a language they don't understand, I am in constant pain and it really does not make it any better by saying its my age. I am making another appointment next week as my knee has given way twice this week so something else is obviously happening.

Oh happy day! lol :)
    Flutterbi
    Flutterbi εiз