Free Car Tax

lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 28. Nov 2012, 08:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Whoop, Whoop - just got my free car tax for high rate DLA. It makes a nice change to get something , Ive never had anything free or claimed anything before. Things have been a struggle lately, so this will help. as both me & my husband have had operations this year.
I would give anything to have my health back 100% but dont feel guilty for a little help as Ive always worked & paid my way. Infact I could of claimed DLA alot sooner , but had no idea there was such a thing. This forum has been a huge help.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Enjoy it, lazicat. It's nice when something like that happpens. I used to get free car tax when I used to drive and had my own car. Unfortunately, I can't claim now as we both use the one car and Mr SW is fully fit. (Not complaining about that though :wink:)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww you enjoy ,car tax is such a big thing to have to fork out for...it will come in for Christmas xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good for you pet, it is a good feeling especially when you have paid into the system when you were fit and able to do so, it is nice to get a little bit back......enjoy...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    That's what the system is for and I'm glad you have the support when you need it. :) x
  • blueknees
    blueknees Member Posts: 90
    My car tax is £245. next month. Shows what it's worth for you. Nice one :)
  • lazicat
    lazicat Member Posts: 177
    My car is only small so nowhere near that much, but still a saving for me. i would be lost without my car.
    I hope by posting this others may see it who like me didnt realise they were entiltled.
    I think you can get it if you share a car with your partner, as long as the car is used for you.
    Hope this helps other people.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    lazicat wrote:
    I think you can get it if you share a car with your partner, as long as the car is used for you.

Alas, no :roll:
    "It can be used only for the benefit of the person with the disability, which might include activities such as taking them to and from places or doing their shopping. You or any other nominee cannot use the vehicle for your own personal needs."
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright