Happy Birthday to...

phoenixoxo
phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
edited 27. Nov 2012, 14:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
… my psoriatic arthritis! Today marks 22 years since the very first symptom.

Perhaps I should feel miserable, but I prefer to celebrate the fact that I'm still alive and (sort of) kicking, despite everything. So I've just invited a few friends round for a bit of a party next weekend :P

Just wondered, does anyone else do something special for their arthritis birthday, or is it just me :?:

Best wishes,
Phoebe
PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can't even remember when I was diagnosed other than age 15. It must have been winter because at first it was thought I just had chilblains on my knuckles. Always up for a party though :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    happy birthday
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Pheebs ,well last night sitting up in bed glass of red wine ,feeling decidedly fed up but probably do something special today ,hope you party went well last night and your good this morning Marrianne :)
  • phoenixoxo
    I can't even remember when I was diagnosed other than age 15. It must have been winter because at first it was thought I just had chilblains on my knuckles. Always up for a party though :wink:

Thanks, SW!

Yes, inflamed knuckles do look chilblain-esque. I spent many of my adolescent winters with massive fingers and toes, to everyone's amusement :lol:

Hope you're well today,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • phoenixoxo
    marrianne wrote:
    Hi Pheebs ,well last night sitting up in bed glass of red wine ,feeling decidedly fed up but probably do something special today ,hope you party went well last night and your good this morning Marrianne :)

Thanks, Marrianne!

The party's not till Saturday, so I've got a bit of time to prepare myself healthwise. Hope you've had a better day!

Best wishes,
    Phoebe