Birthday Notifications

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 29. Nov 2012, 14:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is there anyway we could change the birthday notification? So we know a day or two in advance so we can get Birthday Wishes in time instead of feeling embarassed and having to miss or send belated Birthday wishes.
I know I'm proberbly asking a lot but I feel the present topic with the dates in is all over the place and not in any sort of order.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No idea whether the sytem can let us know Amanda - earlier to give us warning.

Our original birthday thread was started before we were able to add our birthdates to our profiles if we wanted to.

I can't be embarrassed because I am always late :lol:

In 'real-life' too :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Bubbadog!

From my own limited knowledge I don't think that the system would be able to be 'tweaked' to give advance warning of members' birthdays... but...I will pass on your question to our webmanger who can / will look into it! :wink:

ModeratorIA
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'm a bit puzzled as to why it needs tweaking. Birthdays, of those who have entered them, come up at the bottom of the main page every day from midnight so we've only to look. I confess, I only tend to look about 50% of the time but that's my fault not the website's. We're you referring to something else, bubbadog?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    I didn't know about the birthdays at the bottom of the page - until now!

Thanks.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi bubba
    I know what you mean, its awful if we miss someone at the bottom of the forum, I think the answer is to put the birthdays were we can see them..maybe at the top of chitchat.... :idea:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I don't know what you mean sticky about Birthdays coming up at the bottom of the page? Maybe I'm stupid? My brains stewed as it is!! It would be easy if at the begining of the month there was a thread with the dates & names of who's birthday's it is that month so everyone has prior notice? Just throwing idea's at the wind!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Bubba
    If you click on the forum and scroll to the bottom of the page it show who has a birthday on that day....hope this helps..and dont worry about your brain Im still looking for mine,, :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    It says other things too...who is newest member.....who is online etc :D

Love

Toni xxx