Discharged From Physio :-)

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 29. Nov 2012, 10:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Have been to physio this morning as its now 5 weeks since TKR...I now have 97% bend (couldnt get that 100% dam!) and have been told to get rid of the crutch...Think I will still use it if im walking to the shop as its up and down hill and sometimes the joint moves a little more unexepctedly so would use it as extra security....I can also attend my hydrotherapy class again, dont need to go to the physio one and can just get it bending etc, move it about....Still got that 2 weeks to go till they officially say can drive if feel like it (dont personally feel im ready yet) so we shall see...I got back to consultant's team on 10th December so shall see what they say then...

Elainexx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Elaine thats great news, don't be too disheartened 97% after 5 weeks is fab in my book, I am sure once you see your consultants team they should be able to advise on the stick and the driving, give your self a pat on the back for doing so well, keep up the good work........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's always good when these people don't want to see us again. Well done, Elaine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    That's good Elaine one appointment less for you , and has for the crutch you know your own body,I am sure that and the driving wont be long away knowing you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Marie

Im sure when im doing my exercises at home it is more than 100% but she measured it sitting on the end of the physio bench....Guess Im aiming higher...

Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    Elaine thats great news, don't be too disheartened 97% after 5 weeks is fab in my book, I am sure once you see your consultants team they should be able to advise on the stick and the driving, give your self a pat on the back for doing so well, keep up the good work........Marie xx
  • elainebadknee

Yes it is good not to have to go there again although she was very helpful...

Elainexx
    It's always good when these people don't want to see us again. Well done, Elaine.
  • elainebadknee
    Barbara

Yes well went into town this morning and tried to walk on my own but dad said I still limped a bit...thing is pavements can be uneven and when youre trying to get out of way of obstacles its not easy....I think it will come good in time...Not too worried about the driving rather be safe..

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    That's good Elaine one appointment less for you , and has for the crutch you know your own body,I am sure that and the driving wont be long away knowing you xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Well done Elaine, that's very good news.
    I'm sure it seems longer to you, but it seems to have gone really quickly to me.
    You are doing brilliantly!
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Numpty

It seems a while ago i was in that ward feeling pretty down...Knee is stiff today but just gotta accept it will have days like that..

Elainexx
    I'm sure it seems longer to you, but it seems to have gone really quickly to me.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Numpty

It seems a while ago i was in that ward feeling pretty down...Knee is stiff today but just gotta accept it will have days like that..

Elainexx
    All the best,
    Numpty