today

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 1. Dec 2012, 06:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
well yesterday hair started to fall was getting down back of t shirt so have got tim to shave it any one on my fb can see the result lol thino could get used to this but putting wig or hat on when go out as it cold out there lol val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh honey, I have no words for this. (((())))) xxx
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I have.

Sensible, brave, defiant, down-to-earth, utterly lacking in self-pity, inspiring and, knowing Val, probably by now deeply embarassed so I won't go on but I could, for a long time.

Yes, do keep your head warm when outside, Val. It's where most body-heat is lost. And you look terrific, even though I don't do FB :wink:

(((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Bless you hun. Make sure you stay warm mi dear. Xxxxxxxxxx
    Tons of extra special YBH's just for you, coming direct from Skeggy!!!
    Xxxxxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh Val love you lots.Mig ((((()))))xxxxx and all the migs
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Val

You still look fantastic in my opinion. You MUST wear a hat though - it really IS very cold ATM

Love and (((())))

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good for you Val..if losing your hair means you beat the bugger...and your hair will grow back I promise....now we want to see this wig...((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I really do admire your positive attitude Val.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I agree with all those words which SW has said about you, Val. You are such an inspiration. ((((())))))
    Thinking of you,
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    ok is it wrong to love stroking your own hair feels like velvet it freezing here got my cotton bandana (with elephants on ) on in house while it warms through will wear wolly one if could do links would put one on must plat with that and see iff possible val
    val
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    I admire you so much with your positive attitude and the love of life you obviously have. I bought a lovely fur hat with flaps so your ears keep warm, bought mine form an army store but I have seen them lately on market stalls, would be perfect for you anf they look lovely on

Wendy xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My friend always wore a bandana in the house and kept her lovely wig for going out anywhere.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Dear Val,Your very brave this hair thingyou may find when it comes back you may be stuck with thick wavey curls, my friend had sparse thin hair she had the chemo she is completly in remission and looks beautiful as you areand will always be Marrianne :)
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    There are some lovely hats about at the moment Val and I've been wearing my red one this week. Was out walking once and a man came up to me and said "you shouldn't be wearing that hat". I obviously replied "why not?".
    And he said "don't you know the saying - red hat, no knickers :oops: ." I just turned my back and walked away. What a cheek.

Your hair will grow back. My neighbours did and she said it was even thicker than before the chemo.

All my best wishes to you.

Janet xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    From what Janet said, I wouldn't buy a red hat :shock: :lol:
    Stay warm mi lovely. Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awwwwe Val you are such an inspiratrion to us all, I'm sure you are as pretty as a peach in your wig............thinking of you..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Having been thoroughly shamed by those who do know what to say I still have to admit that I don't. That doesn't mean I don't care because I do, very much, but I can't find the words. I apologise. :oops:

PS Elephants are lovely: strong, solid, intelligent and reliable so, ergo, just like you.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Thinking of you Val stay warm in this cold weather.(((( ))))
  • frogmorton
    Have a link for you Val

www.bohemiaheadwear.co.uk/

My friend who is having chemo ATM swears by the fleece bandanas. Price is not too bad either

Love and (((()))

Toni xxx
  • valval
    frogmorton wrote:
    Have a link for you Val

http://www.bohemiaheadwear.co.uk/

My friend who is having chemo ATM swears by the fleece bandanas. Price is not too bad either

Love and (((()))

Toni xxx

did you see the hair for hats made me smile why came to mind lol thanks for link always up for ideas u tube do good clips on how to do scarfs
    val
  • frogmorton
    I did Val!!

Mind you I think that wigs can be itchy :?

You have to do that - look everywhere for tips I think. My friend reckons the fleece ones are warm and NOT too itchy :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Val

I want to put my two pennies worth in and say how you are amazing how you are dealing with all this. Puts me to shame. And I was really surprised that you have to pay for a wig as well. I think you said £65. I personally think they should be free. But there you go.

You are doing fantastically Val, keep up the good work. I told my Tony (hope you didn't mind) and he wanted to send his love to you.

I am thinking of you and sending you great big hugs of comfort. You are doing so so well while I know you are probably feeling cr**p.
    Karen xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Val you are amazing, brave and beautiful. Your strength is beyond words. Big hugs, love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter