Gas or Electric?

gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 1. Dec 2012, 10:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am saving up to buy a new cooker in Feb.

I have always had gas, but when I looked at electric cookers the hobs seem so much easier to clean.....

what are peeps recomendations?

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Gilly,

My preference is gas more so for the quickness of the heat control, although I must say mine is easy to keep clean I always wipe it down after every use and that's all it takes, i am sure there will be a few others along soon with their input...........happy shopping ........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Electric fan assisted oven but gas hob everytime easier heat control

Wendy x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Gilly
    I have always had a gas cooker, and when we go on hols to caravans or chalets..you can guarantee they are electric...and boy do I struggle with them....suppose its what you are used to
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Gilly

We have just bought a new cooker. And we always have gas. I have always preferred gas to electric.

Good luck with the choosing of a cooker. There are so many different ones out there, it does get a bit mind boggling after a while.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Gas all the way for me. My hob has a flat top and the pan supports are paired, I deliberately chose this arrangement to make hob cleaning easier. Oven cleaning however? I'm going to get someone in to sort it!

I've had hobs with individual wells and found those a right nuisance on the cleaning front. It is a matter of personal preference but, when away and been confronted with an electric hob its lack of speed and reaction is always frustrating - at home when my spuds boil over a quick twist of the knob and it's sorted! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    We don't have gas in our village, so I have an electric cooker. I am however thinking of getting a duel fuel cooker, gas hob (calor), and electric fan oven. This seems to me the best option.
    Good luck with your decision.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    :lol: What a Numpty, I meant dual fuel :oops: