It's finally happening - I'm going round the bend!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 1. Dec 2012, 02:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Now how odd is this?
Two nights ago I had this very weird dream - apologies if this freaks any of you out.
We were on my way to see big sis Moira in Maltby when we got lost (with the help of the sat nav) in deepest darkest Yorkshire. Being lost we knocked on a door of a lovely looking, smart (you can't be too careful these days, can you?) house.

The door was opened by a lovely chap who was clinging onto the door frame like buffery. In the background I could hear a woman shouting "If that's someone flogging ironing board covers get shut of em luv - your dinner's ready".

Bloke hanging onto the doorframe ignored his good lady in the background and invited us in to see if he could help. I had to smile - he walked like me - like a demented crab who'd had a few (pills that is!). Ah-hah I thought - someone else with Arther!

He had a lovely inviting lounge room, with a roaring open fire, in front of which was happily ensconsed a white cat roasting his belly with a gold-rimmed saucer next to him which had smoked salmon remnants on it.

This lovely northern bloke got his good lady to make us a lovely cuppa, made us very welcome and found a map (after telling us to chuck the sav nav on his fire).

All of a sudden there was a very perculiar noise outside - like a bus. All these very odd - but strangely familiar people - started to get out of a red bus and lurched towards the front door. Clatterators, sticks, wheelchairs the lot - emerged.
The lady in the background shrieked something about 'oh buffering-eck - I'd forgotten the gang were coming' and started to bang pots and pans around in the kitchen like someone demented.

Who were these people? :?:

Yes - you've guessed it. We'd landed at Tony's house, the lady was his good wife Janet. Why were the people on the bus so familiar - they were my good friends from this forum!
As for the cat - it was Ra and everyone had to work around him - he wasn't gonna move for anyone let alone us ...

I think I've got to have a look at my meds!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Grace B. Well, well, that's an interesting dream for sure, or maybe a nightmare with all of us in it?!! Hope you have recovered ok. Think Tony will be interested to see it? Surprising what these meds do isn't it? Are you going to try and re-organise yours, or are you prepared to endure these very vivid dreams. Perhaps you could arrange to come up with the forthcoming Lottery numbers for us all, now that would be something!
    Hope your day is going as well as possible. Beryl
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Definitely a nightmare although the bus's arrival would have been a sight for sore eyes :lol: Maybe you do need a change of meds, Grace :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    How fascinating...I love the gold rimmed saucer with the smoked salmon...now I wouldn't be surprised at that with our Tony and his beloved cats... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    It was noooo dream mi dear, twas real
    :lol::lol:

Ra was not impressed at the crowd of arthritics ploughing into his abode :shock: he is still in mild shock :lol:

I will admit that the fire was fake :oops: so when I threw the satnav at it I broke both lol

Hope the tea was tetleys, nothing else is allowed in our Yorkshire Country Mansion :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    was i there ???????????? hope so would so like to see our tony hard guy and was the southern softy with us
    val
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope the bus made a detour for me Grace :cry: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tjt6768
    everyone was present :D even big soft southerner Mellman, well someone had to be the butler :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    tjt6768 wrote:
    everyone was present :D even big soft southerner Mellman, well someone had to be the butler :shock: :lol:

lol
    val
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Woooooow! Was I there as it must have been a long trip to detour to my little ol' shack! And my bladder is the size of a button so would have had to make lots of toilet stops!! We do have weird dreams with these meds we are all on!! :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    :lol:

Amazing dream there Grace :D

I was on the bus Bubba - and yes we did make serveral stops :roll: :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    Well at least you all got here safe and sound lol

My leccy bill was sky high the kettle was on so much :oops:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    But its a lovely place to be,Where are we going next missed Tonys good yorkshire comfort and a exfoliate from RA .....HE LICKS .Marrianne :) ....Oh not mine it stinks :lol:
  • tjt6768
    I've heard that there are some folks on here that live by the sea... would love a paddle :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP