New Year resolutions

applerose
applerose Member Posts: 3,621
edited 31. Dec 2012, 14:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone make them? Do you keep them? What resolutions are you making this year? I don't make them as, if I want to do something, I will and if I don't, I won't so there's no point for me. I do want to make a few changes to my life though. Just not sure how to at the moment.
Christine

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I don't make them either for exactly the same reason. I often wonder if those that do are far too adventurous in what they decide, they seem to aim for the impossible rather than the reasonable so they can't keep up the effort. I'm not a fan on New Year, I regard my birthday as the start of mine! I hope you can find a resolution to the family troubles. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    Thank you DD. It's not so much family troubles, more I'm not where I want to be in my life. Probably like a lot of people, don't like my job, lost touch with friends, need things in the house sorted out but I'm getting there with sorting the house. Just need to work on the rest. I suppose, in a way, they are resolutions but I decided on them a couple of months ago. I think you are right about them being too ambitious. One step at a time works better than jumping a mile.

I used to go out every New Year's Eve but would rather have an early night now. :lol:
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello applerose
    I haven't made one for years, I realised that I never kept up with it anyway...I know what you mean about not being were you want to be....its many years ago I felt like that....instead of just going to the gym I decided to train to be a fitness instructor...would you believe Arthritis decided to came along and put a stop to it .....but I gave it ago...and that is what counts....I am now giving painting ago....so we shall see how it goes....
    I hope you find your way applerose....Im sure you will xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    Thank you Barbara. I'm sure I will. Good luck with the painting. I tried that. Not too bad at stick men. :lol:
    Christine
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    normaly i do not make them but this year it is to beat cancer and i better not give up on this one val
    val
  • applerose
    No Val, you'd better not. You'll have all of us behind you making sure you don't. :D
    Christine
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    we want you to beat it too Val..... so thats mine too! x
    Ruby
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    My New Year resolution is to sort out my will and make more adequate provision for the children.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I apologise, applerose, I got the wrong end of the stick. :oops: I try to keep up with everyone but sometimes it's not that easy. :oops: I knew a long time ago that I wasn't where (or what) I wanted to be but now I realise that probably very few are: it takes time (which some of us have in spades) and effort (which many of us lack because we expend too much in just 'living'). I'm sure you will sort things, and soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Elizabeth - that is a very wise resolution and Val - 100% agree with you there :wink:

Nothing for me I think - maybe I should cut down my fat intake as my Sis says gallstones can run in families (caught eating melted camambert followed by cream cake avec double cream :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    No need to apologise DD. I sometimes have to go back over the threads to remind myself of what's what. You are right. There are quite a few people in the same boat.
    Tkachev, that's a good one. I don't have a will and I really should sort it out.
    Toni, don't like Camembert but the cream cake with double cream sounds delicious. :D
    Christine
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    You dont need new year to make important cghanges to your life, be strong, be positive and you can make those changes anytime
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I made one many years ago and it's the only one I've stuck to.. not to make any more New Yrs resolutions!!!! Lol

Val, bloody right you ain't giving up mi lovely :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    Good one Tony. :lol:
    Christine