trigger finger

Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 29. Dec 2012, 04:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
does anyone have experience of trigger finger and what can be done to treat it. I had an injection about 6 months ago but the problem returned. I read somewhere that immobilizing the finger at night so it does not bend gives the tendon a rest and therefore helps recovery

How do you do this, does it help

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I had "trigger" thumbs and eventually had a the little op which took about 20 minutes for each thumb (performed at different times) and they are fine now. The injections did not work long for me either. I sympathise, it is most annoying and not too pleasant either, is it?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi lotsofpain
    Sorry I cant really help, I do have the injections in my wrists and thumb, but like you say they do wear off..mine have lasted around 7 weeks at the min....like Elna say there is an op...I just hope that the resting will do the trick for you....take care x
    Love
    Barbara