'Twas the night before Christmas . . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Dec 2012, 14:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
And all over the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse.

Utter twaddle. I came down yesterday morning, opened the door to the cupboard under the sink (where the clean kitchen tea and hand towels are kept to find a scene of chewed devastation). An old T shirt (used as a cleaning rag) had been mightly gnawed, the clean towels were covered in blue fluff and little pellets of mouse poo. I gingerly shook each one out the back door then had to do two loads of washing to make sure they were clean. All was well on Christmas Eve at about 10.30pm when a few clean towels were slung in so someone had a busy night exercising their little jaw muscles. Dammit. I'd rather hoped we would go out today and purchase another mouse trap but 'im indoors was not in the mood so I'll get some stuff tomorrow when he's back at work. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    poor you i would have gone do not like them in house :? you never know where they going to turn up val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry you have that problem.we have had rats in our loft on and off for a year this is housing **** and they will only look
    up there when the rats have gone so a friend goes up when we tell him the traps gone off we also have the sensor you plug in.
    we've had 4 bodies so far.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Daisycat has packed her backpack and available for vermin extermination :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    All is quiet on the mouse front at the moment - I am not assuming that they've gone but we'll see. Maybe Daisycat has been and gone. :wink:

Joan - I'm appalled that your landlords are not being more helpful in ridding your loft of rats. They are very nasty and dangerous creatures - I'm fretting now. Do you think the elctronic thing works? You say you've had four bodies - over what period of time?

I'm not bothered as such, Val. I've seen one trotting down the hall, they are woodmice rather than house mice and they are very sweet! They're all ears and tails with very fluffy furry bodies - but germ-ridden little monsters nonetheless. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    I've been doing a little research, Joan, and apparently your Housing Association is not under any obligation to do anything: it's up to the tenant to sort the problem and the first port of call is usually the pest control department of the local authority. That's not good news is it? :( I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. DD
  • dachshund
    Hello DD
    the sensor has now been moved it works better than it did.
    they come in eat the food have a run a round.or they go in the trap we dont hear them so much.
    good luck with yours we dont see any down with us only when the bodies are brought down.
    take care a happy 2013 to you and Mr DD
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund
    Hello DD
    Thank you for your help. we tried the pest control and they only deal with pests in the kitchen.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    All is quiet on the mouse front at the moment - I am not assuming that they've gone but we'll see. Maybe Daisycat has been and gone. :wink:

Well she has been missing for a while and there was a train-ticket stub for Suffolk in her basket.....

Serioulsy I hope they have gone.

Poor you too Joan it isn't right is it being stuck with them :x

love

Toni xxx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Hi there...I had rats in my garden, quite close to the house and they actually jumped over my feet in the dining room (the french doors lead to garden) and thats how we knew we'd got them. I contacted environmental health and they dealt with them straight away, free of charge so maybe give them a call.

Dee x