Very Different Christmas.

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 31. Dec 2012, 17:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all Hope you all had a a great christmas and that you were all as painfree as possible. After many years spending Christmas at home this year we went away, after the train jouney from Hell (lots of engineering works, delayed broken down trains and missing connecting trains) we finally arrived at our destination Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel North Wales just in time for evening dinner. well next morning in daylight what can i say great scenery massive grounds comfy hotel with good food and entertainment (it sure made up for all the travel problems) we had a great christmas my pain levels were good ( due no doubt to my recent weight loss) then it was made even better on boxing day after finding out that our grandaughter became engaged on christmas day. so at the moment i am quite a happy bunny. :lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So glad you had a good christmas ,congratulations on your granddaughters engagement,hat shopping next..? Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That's great news Carol congratulations on grandaughters engagement, I am pleased you had a lovely time after all the harassment of the train journey, good your pain was under control, hope you also have a great New Year...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Good to know you enjoyed yourselves, you spent it in God's own country.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Lovely, congratulations to your granddaughter and I'm glad you had such a relaxing break. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Sounded about perfect Carol

the engagement being the icing on the cake :D

I am so pleased for them and you all too.

Our 'best' Christmases were spent in a lodge in Aberfeldy when the kids were younger. No mobile phone connections and 'tray sledging' laughing so much :D

Sigh.....

love

Toni xxx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Well Done Carol on the grandaughter and good to hear you had a nice christmas. Also made a mental note that you lost weight very well done
    Take Care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    wonderful Carol :D

Really pleased you enjoyed it, hope the journey home is/was better?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    What a lovely way to spend Christmas. Congratulations to your daughter too. There must be something in the air -I know of 4 couples who got engaged on Christmas or Boxing day.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies
    Tony the journey home was almost as bad on way home jam packed train and trying to get myself and rollator down the isle past people suitcases and bags that were in the aisle to get to our reserved seats.
    Elizabeth yes the grandaughters engagement was the icing on the cake especiallly as she has a baby daughter of who is 11 months old who's father she split up from a while ago who has very little interest in baby at all and who couldn't even be bothered to buy his daughter a christmas present. now she has a fiance who loves her and baby to bits and will do anything for them. she has so much thrown at her in the last few months she really deserves some happiness.
    Toni it was perfect in every way (minus the travel problems of course)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Carol Im so glad you at last manged to get there and have a lovely time , we have been to Bodelwyddan Castle quite a few years ago now,got an offer out the paper.... what a stunning place ....I hope you have a good 2013 x
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed Christmas after such a terrible journey. Congratulations on your granddaughter's engagement.
    Christine