Me knees are alight.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Jan 2013, 06:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
My pain gnomes have set up another brazier; the one in the left knee has been burning steadily all over the festive period and now they've lit a new one in the right. In addtition to that the ground glass fairy has dropped off a fresh delivery in my ankles and the boulder fairy one for my neck. Bless them. :roll:

So, my year ends as it began - things ain't going to get any better so at least one aspect of my future is guaranteed. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    They have done the same to me those little demons
    You would think the good fairy would come a long & sprinkle her special fairy dust :roll:
    We will have to keep taking the tablets until she arrives
    Hope it improves for you
    Take care
    Maria
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Sorry to hear this DD. Maybe the New Year Fairy will visit tonight and chase the gnomes away!
    ((()))
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I was hoping the bad fairies were leaving you alone this holiday time,hope the good fairies come along and give them a good kicking.Love to you and Mr DD. Mig XX
    Ps did this on ipad
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry you have so much pain.i hope it goes as quick as it came you dont need it you have enough pain with out anymore.
    happy new year to you and mr DD
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    im sorry to here that dd
    spring will soon be here, then a good old english summer :o
    but b4 that we might get some snow jan or feb woooo
    can get the taboogie out then ..mike26 take care. :wink:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Open the front and back door at midnight, hopefully the demons will fly out the back door and the fairies will fly in the front, keeping fingers crossed things will settle down soon and you will get some peace.
    All the best to you and OH........Lang may your lum reek.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    The gnomes live with me all the time (along with the imps who like firing their staple guns into my sacro iliac joints) but on the plus side the glass fairy is only an occasional visitor. It's just got all a bit much today, is all, I'm fed up to the back teeth with being compromised all the damn time. No matter, it is what it is and it will do what it will do. Thanks for reading my whinge - I'll shut up about it now. :) DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Far too many wicked fairies in the DD household. Maybe the AC coven should re-convene and work up a good banishing spell. (Or should that be a 'banshee' spell?) (Wasn't 'expeliamus' the H Potter one?) It's a 'neck' times such as this that I did out my neck brace. If it's both knees and ankles forget the knee and ankle supports, just be a lady of leisure (and swallow the cocos).

Perhaps a tall, dark, handsome first footer (Don't tell Mr DD I wrote that) with the regulation lump of coal might help. He could wang the coal at the wicked fairies and then....well, who knows what you could do with him then. I'm sure you can work something out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh DD...go into a nice quiet room and have a good old scream .....then its ice packs...I have one on my neck has we speak...hope the little beggars do a runner very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    DD, you whinge all you like. I, for one, think you are entitled to whinge as much as you like, as often as you like. You spend so much time listening to and encouraging the rest of us when we whinge. I'm so sorry you have such cause to whinge. (A few too many "whinges" in there, but you know what I mean).

I hope it all eases soon and wish you and Mr DD a happy New Year.

Susie
  • Mumof1
    Mumof1 Member Posts: 42
    Sorry to hear that you are in pain DD,

Out of interest do you ever get deffered pain in your hips from the sacro iliac joint?
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you everyone for your kind responses, life is slightly better today on the mood front and I'm about to go and shoot up with my humira. Happy new year to me. :roll:

Now, hip pain. That is beginning to occur every now and again, quite why or what from I'm not sure. I had a wretched couple of days with my right hip and lower back a couple of weeks ago, and every now and again it twinges, especially during the night. I have PsA (apparently that rarely hits the hips? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I could be wrong) and OA in my knees and ankles - I wonder if that is on the move? No matter, it's not as though I can stop it if it is! :lol: DD
  • Mumof1
    Thanks DD, the reason I ask is because it is my Sacro joints which are affected and when I have a bad flare up the pain in my left hip is horrendous , why it goes to my hips I have no idea. xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I empathise with the sacro joints, both mine hurt all the time whether sitting, standing or lying so I guess it would make sense for the pain to 'travel' - after all they are the joints that hitch the pelvis onto the spine and your hips hang off that. It's a ****, isn't it? DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello DD
    i hope this year you will have less pain. last year you had your share.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    happy new year to you both.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Mumof1
    It really is dd xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry you are in a lot of pain DD. I hope the good fairies come along soon and sort them out.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Morning DD how are things today? Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Morning DD I hope the knees are less alight and just smouldering....((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hope things have improved today.
    Christine
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Happy New Year DD! I hope you're knees have settled down now!

Scozzie
  • dreamdaisy
    I did the humira yesterday so my mobility has improved a little - :) - but the OA continues to smoulder away, with the odd hot jet of pain here and there in both knees and both ankles, just as a little reminder that it's still about. :x

And it's bl**dy raining again which doesn't help matters. Curséd climate. Bill Bryson once compared living in the UK to spending at least nine months of the year in Tupperware. How right he is! :lol: DD
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hello DD. Am sorry to hear your pain level has been rising again and do hope it will settle down soon for you. My OA is in my back and it's been going hell for leather all over Christmas so I know what you mean when you say you are fed up. So am I!!! Have had a problem with a Frozen Shoulder for over a year now and that seems to have reared it's ugly head again too which is only adding to the pain and making me feel even more fed up with myself.

Do hope the New Year will be good to you. You had a rough time last year and deserve a little respite. Take care. Sending gentle ((())) Beryl.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD,
    I'm sorry that you're struggling at the moment. Please don't apologise for letting go on here - heavens you are so supportive of everyone else. Just knowing that others can identify with how you are feeling the pain helps I find.
    My OA is bad too as well
    I hope things are settling a little for you now.
    Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    The pain is there as a constant, it's a background hum to every-day life but every now and again the hum rises to a screech and that is when I get tetchy. I know I could quell it a little more by increasing the strength of pain relief but, as we all know, that only gives a temporary easing. Morphine etc tends to work by removing us from the pain rather than vice-versa and I prefer to be as alert as possible (and not run the risks of other health complications due to strong pain meds, my reasoning being I've enough on my plate as it is). I am going back to work next week (all being well with the hands) and that will provide a further distraction and take my focus off me which is always a good thing.

Right, it's time to start doing lunch. 'im indooors is working at home today so I am on cheffing duties twice. That's gonna hurt. :roll: C'est ma vie. DD