Avascular necrosis

Options
Leedee2000
Leedee2000 Member Posts: 2
edited 5. Jan 2013, 15:54 in My child has arthritis
Hi my 12 yr old son has just been diagnosed with avascular necrosis in his right hip he has had a core decompression done last month he also has perthes in his left hip just wanting to know what the future will bring with the avn and what to expect next at the moment he is in crutches in the house and a wheelchair went outside xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Leedee2000. I’m not the parent of a child with arthritis just someone with RA. I saw your thread this morning and was hoping another parent might see it but obviously not yet. It’s a bit quiet in this post-Christmas period.

I have managed to find one thread on avascular necrosis in the Living With Arthritis forum. These people are older than your son but you might find something of use in there. You could try PMing the members concerned if you wish but I haven’t seen any of them around recently. (That’s usually a good sign for the person concerned) http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21137&view=next If you ask about avascular necrosis, using that thread, the contributors might have arranged to be informed if anyone adds to it so that would be worth a try too. It’s also possible our Helpline people could point you in the right direction. I hope someone can advise you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright