Benefits

TeaBag
TeaBag Member Posts: 101
edited 31. Jan 2013, 12:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Are any of you able to offer any advice about benefits ? like many i was told i was fit for work in may i am still awaiting for an appeal date ..my gp told me i stood a better chance of receiving dla than esa so i got the form 2 weeks before christmas i have tried to make sense of it but its awful ..as yet i am awaiting treatment which i am told will be most likey methotraxete .i have been on warfarin for 23 years which means there are a lot of meds i can not take Tramadol really helps with the pain but on a bad day i am exhausted feel like the walking dead ...this has turned into a moan :cry: if anyone has any advice please do reply thank you

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Is there any form of citizens advice near to you? They would be the best ones to speak to. And please apply for both benefits. Just because it's difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
    Sorry I can't help more.
    Let us know how things go, AND don't give up hope. Appeal as much as you need to..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry I can't help. Just wanted to wish you luck.
    Christine
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Teabag

Can only sympathise if youre being told youre fit for work when clearly youre not! The forms are awful, try and get help filling it in and just say it as it is....

Good luck you!

Elainexx
    TeaBag wrote:
    Are any of you able to offer any advice about benefits ? like many i was told i was fit for work in may i am still awaiting for an appeal date ..my gp told me i stood a better chance of receiving dla than esa so i got the form 2 weeks before christmas i have tried to make sense of it but its awful ..as yet i am awaiting treatment which i am told will be most likey methotraxete .i have been on warfarin for 23 years which means there are a lot of meds i can not take Tramadol really helps with the pain but on a bad day i am exhausted feel like the walking dead ...this has turned into a moan :cry: if anyone has any advice please do reply thank you
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    If you are struggling with the form, Teabag, then it is worth gong to see your local CAB because they will be able to help with completing it. Base your answers on what life is like on a bad day and I hope your application will be successful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Defiantly go to CAB if there's one near you, they will help with your appeal and your DLA claim.

I was recently awarded DLA, I just wrote down how I feel and how I cope,mines mainly mobility, I was gobsmaked when I got it .

There is a site called benefits and work, there's a small joining fee but there downloadable guides are very good, also they have a form.

Good luck

Gill
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    How about the .gov site it's got a fair bit on this kind of thing, that said it makes my blood boil when I hear about truly decent and disabled people being hounded like this yet certain religous terroists and sundry global dross get all the state aid they and they're could ever want it's as if we've turned common sense and logic on its head?. :x
  • TeaBag
    Thanks i did join benefits and works i today manged to get the form filled in but i have a feeling it could arrive back with me my writing was terrible i said how i felt how pain affected what i couldn't do so its a waiting game ..and yes to the poster above it makes my blood boil i know of 2 overweight ladies that go to my weightloss group who get full rate have new cars because they are obese ..makes me mad when theres me who hobbles about everywhere and cuts corners to pay for the car ...but thats an other thread :roll:
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Teabag

Dont worry about your writing...My sister works for NHS in Highlands and is the worst ever writer ever....If hers is legible yours will be AOK....

Elainexx
    TeaBag wrote:
    Thanks i did join benefits and works i today manged to get the form filled in but i have a feeling it could arrive back with me my writing was terrible i said how i felt how pain affected what i couldn't do so its a waiting game ..and yes to the poster above it makes my blood boil i know of 2 overweight ladies that go to my weightloss group who get full rate have new cars because they are obese ..makes me mad when theres me who hobbles about everywhere and cuts corners to pay for the car ...but thats an other thread :roll:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    TeaBag wrote:

Don't worry about the writing teabag mine never came back and was hardly legible as I have OA and neuropathy in my hands, good luck and keep us posted how you go..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well-done you for completing the forms teabag and the best of luck with you application :)

love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    good luck Teabag and hope you get a good result.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • TeaBag
    Just got word back today to say they had received my application and it could take up to 10 weeks .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well that's a start at least - 10 weeks?! Well if you are successful they will back-date it for you at least.

LOve

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Here's hoping it will take less than 10 weeks and in your favour and as Toni says they will back date it good luck Teabag...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Did anyone hear the interview with Michael Meacher on radio four last week it was very informative, bottom line is they have forced the government to revaluate the whole DLA interview process as it’s basically a fix, One of his main concerns is the private company (ATOS healthcare) employed to do the assessing isn’t acting fairly, far from it in fact as the company is headed by an American who ran a similar company in the US a few years ago and it was stopped from operating by the US senate (basically everyone failed, hey now there’s a thing!), the director of the US company has come here and set up shop to do the same thing here but now the process is up for review as way to many genuine people have had benefits cut or stopped, so right now there’s a review in the offing, Meacher said that what happened in the US is now happening here and that's a lot of ill people have been passed fit but due to their disability are basically unemployable so should not have their benefits cut or stop if there’s no real chance of them finding genuine employment and simply cutting benifits as has been the case is highly unfair and is causing undue stress and serious hardship. There's a couple of links below on this issue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jan/17/disability-spartacus-welfare-cuts-campaign-viral
    http://www.michaelmeacher.info/weblog/tag/dla-benefit-being-cut-by-20
  • TeaBag
    Just an update i won my esa appeal today for anyone going thourgh the same please do go on with an oral hearing ..i found the panel fair it was very scary but its over with now and i am pleased that i won :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Congratulations Tea bag!

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • TeaBag
    Thank you Elizabeth x