What can I do

wall1409
wall1409 Member Posts: 294
Help

My condition is worse since I last seen my rheumatogist..I received a letter on 19th December 2012 telling me I needed a second MRI scan to decide if this is inflammatory arthritis yet nothing since...hospital have informed me that they have had sectretarial problems and the rheumatoligist is on sick so his clinics have been cancelled for a week...my GP has asked for an urgent review on 28th Decemeber and still nothing...I am now told I may have to be referred to a different hospital to be reviewed....I am devastated as I am now on sick leave from work as this is now affecting my cognitive impairment, balance etc. What can I demand if anything?

Wendy

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Wendy,

Sorry to hear that you're stuck with such delays at such a difficult time for you. If you know where the review referral is going to be you may be able to contact that hospital and request a cancellation appointment. You might discuss with the GP any methods they can suggest to speed things up (hopefully they'll have flagged you up as an urgent case).

If you'd like to talk things over you'd be very welcome to ring us on the free phone. I imagine there's quite a lot of background that might be useful to put across if you're wanting some self management suggestions.

And posting on Living with Arthritis will be useful too I'd imagine.

I just really sense that it might be a good time to be listened to - so do come back to us and see what might be helpful

Kind regards

Guy
  • wall1409
    Thanks Guy, I'm getting a little bit scared as I sense the urgency of the GP and rheumi staff but it seems their hands are tied.

Wendy
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    just wanted to post to you. I am so sorry that things are not moving along as hoped. Hang on in there, I would may be contact PALS at the hodpital who may be able to find out more information.

Btw, I am a forum member but I have been in this position myself.

good luck

Janie
  • wall1409
    Thanks Janie

So frustrating, GP is calling me at 12:30 for advice as had 45 mins sleep so not managing this at all...Community physio have delivered 2 walking sticks and a zimmer frame so should help me in the home and they said if I am struggling with anyhting at all to ring my physio and she will sort it out for me, which is great. Its just waiting not to see what GP decides is the best course of action.

Wendy x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    Dear Wendy,

Good luck with the Gp phone call this morning. If you'd like to talk things over informally you are always welcome to chat to us on here/ or by phone

take care

Guy
  • wall1409
    Thanks Guy

Wendy