Hi there.

stoptherot
stoptherot Member Posts: 5
edited 19. Jan 2013, 14:32 in Say Hello Archive
I'm newbie stoptherot. It is a relief to find somewhere to come and be surrounded by folks who know about living with Arthritis. I am so very, very pleased to meet eveyone, in advance. Just by finding the forum, it's feels like it has already helped. I'm 37 years old and live in the north of England. I have 4 children and 3 step children. I am currently employed, but am starting to have trouble getting around and fear that eventually I am going to end up not being of much use to the company I work for. Onwards and Upwards though. Life could most definitely be worse. :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello stoptherot (great name!) it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. I am 53 and have PsA (psoriatic arthritis) which has led to OA. I'm married, deliberately childless and self-employed. The amount of work I can manage is dwindling year-on-year but I welcome the diversion it gives. I have used crutches since 2002 and now have a seated rollator which has been a boon. What form of arthritis ails thee, and what does your work entail? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stoptherot
    Hi DD. I have osteo arthritis and my job is rather physical (at times) as I work in despatch for a furniture firm. The amount of manual labour isn't as much as it used to be, as I have been the supervisor for a few years now, but it's always best to lead by example ya know :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello from me, too, stoptherot. I, also, love your username and wish you every success in living up to it :wink: It does sound quite strenuous work and I applaud your view of leading by example. I hope, though, that being supervisor means than, when essential, you can duck out of it.

Mine is RA but, like DD, I have to OA to match. Thanks to surgery and titanium, my knees and hips are now good - just the rest of me to go :)

I hope you'll join us on the other forums. LWA and Chit Chat are where most people hang out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Wow, that's tough, I guess there's a fair bit of standing and occasional lifting then? My PsA is all over the shop but the OA is just the ankles and knees. (I say just, it's enough!) I know one should never ask others to do what you won't but, in your case, maybe that's now needing some adjustment? I haven't been able to kneel since 1997 - I have to ask others to do that! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stoptherot
    Hi Sticky.

Thank you very much DD and SW for making me feel so welcome here. I'm sure that I will be sticking around quite a bit.
  • stoptherot
    Yes, the success of actually stopping the rot may be a tough call, but I intend to stave it off for as long as I can possibly do so. :wink:
  • ruthie1
    ruthie1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, I signed up to forum yesterday and i want to thank the person who answered my question re hip and back pain following ankle fusion.
    To all of you who have registered today good luck, we all get there in the end, i'm 67 have 2 replacement wrists a replacement shoulder, worked as a midwife till i was 62 and still as busy as ever.
    ruthie1 :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello again, ruthie1. I hope you'll feel at home here as we are a friendly lot and do try to help each other out with information, suggestions and empathy. The very popular forums are LWA and Chit Chat. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello stoptherot
    And a warm welcome from me, I remember when I first joined this forum, feeling exactly the same being able to talk to people that understand, has well as all the info you can get.
    I do hope to see you posting more very more x
    Love
    Barbara