New, I have a question....

frozenmonkeyface
frozenmonkeyface Member Posts: 3
edited 4. Feb 2013, 22:40 in My child has arthritis
Hi all. I am not sure if my son has arthritis yet or not (signs are pointing to yes) but I have a few questions, and I thought who would be better to answer them than parents themselves.

A little background: My son, Rylan is 6. He has had fluid (confirmed by ultrasound) on his right hip 3 times already in the past year and a half (roughly). For about the past 2 years he has ran a fever on and off of 104-105 degrees. I have taken him to the doctor time and time again to be told he is a "fever runner", he has a virus, its a bug, etc. After the fluid was found on his hip for the THIRD time they finally said that the two may be linked.

All of that to ask this... Has anyone's child who has been diagnosed had issues with diarrhea to the point where their baby can't even make it to the restroom? I was wondering if this may be another symptom? There is only one child rheumatologist in the city I live in so the wait is very long (his appt. isn't for another month).
I didn't want this to be something major and me wait to take him in. Its hard to even get a call back from anyone at this point.

any suggestions, info?!?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello frozenmonkeyface. I'm not the parent of a child with arthritis, just a forum member with RA. I'm sorry to hear your little boy migt have arthritis and I hope they can decide soon whether or not it is and, if so, get him started on some meds to control it.

As for your question on diarrhea - I've not heard of this being a symptom of JIA. Is he on any medication that might be causing it? I think it would be a good idea to check this out with his doctor.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frozenmonkeyface
    frozenmonkeyface Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello frozenmonkeyface. I'm not the parent of a child with arthritis, just a forum member with RA. I'm sorry to hear your little boy migt have arthritis and I hope they can decide soon whether or not it is and, if so, get him started on some meds to control it.

As for your question on diarrhea - I've not heard of this being a symptom of JIA. Is he on any medication that might be causing it? I think it would be a good idea to check this out with his doctor.

They have established that he has Spondyloarthropathy and that the diarrhea may be caused by Chron's or something to do with his GI as a result.....