hello

Options
eileend
eileend Member Posts: 19
edited 29. Jan 2013, 12:20 in Say Hello Archive
:shock: I have just joined this forum for a friendly chat and support I have been diagnoised with osteoarthiritis in my knees.
Not had any imformation as yet as just been contacted by my dr for my visit looking forward to speaking xx :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello eileend. You've come to the right place :) 'friendly chat and support' is what we're good at. I'm sorry about your diagnosis and I hope you'll find us well-informed and willing to share our experiences.

My OA is a result of many years of RA. You'll find many of us on here have OA in the knees and a fair few of us have had replacement joints. Please join in on any thread on any forum. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • eileend
    eileend Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome looking forward to joining in with discussions when able to x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello eileend
    And a warm welcome from me
    I have OA in multiple joints and have got more info off here than I ever did off my GP.
    I am glad you have joined us and hope to see you posting more very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello eileend, it's nive to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I have OA in both knees, both ankles and in my right hip (I learned this yesterday). I am sixteen years in with arthritis and have a creaky foot in both camps, an auto-immune version and the joint damamge that caused has led to OA.

There is not a great deal to be done when it comes to medication: pain relief and anti-inflammatories just about sums it up. Exercise (preferably low-impact) is good as that helps the muscles supporting the affected joint/s to better do that job. Learning what helps and hinders is crucial as is pacing yourself and not over-doing things. Please join in on any conversation, all new voices and experiences are welcome and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, we may not be able to give specific answers but we will always do our best to help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben